Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cage Brass Picker-Upper...as seen in the Dillion Blue Press

Ever see folks vacuuming carpet and have trouble picking up a bit of paper or a stuck down thread? They'll bend over, pick it up and reposition it, and then run the vacuum over it again.

I thought we shooters were an intelligent bunch, but ive seen folks with the nut rollers/hamster wheels do the same thing with a stubborn case - roll over it this way, then that way, then poke the cage on top, then finally bend over, turn the case just so, and roll over it again.

And yes, I've done it too. :cheers:

Do you pick up the peas and put them on your spoon, too? ;)

• 2 months later...

The one from shell sorter works great. It is the proper size and has a telescoping handle. Results are as stated don't overload it and use lite downward pressure when rolling. Using the same type of action as filling primer tubes poke, poke, poke works best on gravel and sand.

At work we have a brass snatcher that is a giant roller make of long rubber spikes and lets the brass get stuck inbetween. Then, as it roll it passes over hooked hard plastic spikes that pluck it, throwing it into a basket. Pretty sweet setup but not at all portable.

same picker-upper available on Amazon for $32... exact same !

That may be true, but some that I have seen that are for nuts are slightly larger than the ones made a little bit smaller specifically for picking up brass. If it's even a bit larger, it will not be as effective.