Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sear pin loosened up on apex hammer

alecmc

I had an issue last steel challenge match on my 8 shot n frame, it would randomly bind up and lock during fire, it did it just a few times, wasnt sure why.

was going through some dry fire today and it completely locked up , wouldnt free itself, took it apart and notced little knicks on the side plate by the hammer, upon closer inspect I had noticed the sear pin was loose and had a little movement, would work it's way out and get caught on the side plate groove.

no good!

I had a replacement on hand and popped in a new one, which seems to be working good , but is there anything I can do for the future to prevent this from working its way back out again?

Thanks

-Alec

I had an issue last steel challenge match on my 8 shot n frame, it would randomly bind up and lock during fire, it did it just a few times, wasnt sure why.

was going through some dry fire today and it completely locked up , wouldnt free itself, took it apart and notced little knicks on the side plate by the hammer, upon closer inspect I had noticed the sear pin was loose and had a little movement, would work it's way out and get caught on the side plate groove.

no good!

I had a replacement on hand and popped in a new one, which seems to be working good , but is there anything I can do for the future to prevent this from working its way back out again?

Thanks

-Alec

If it came from Apex with the Sear/Pin installed call them. I'm sure they would make it right.

Just spent two hours trying to figure out what was my problem with the hammer locking up tight. it was ok until I tightened my side plate. Never had so much trouble before. Then I rememered this thread. Yep sear pin was backing out of my hammer. Pushed it in flush and the problem went away. I will find my center punch tomorrow and fix it so it won't come out on it's own again. Yea Benos Forums. Oh and I have had over 20 years experience with Revos, You can learn something new everyday and still not know it all. later rdd