rhino

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't forget "common place." ;)

I get what you're saying, though. It's not simply a matter of not knowing some 10-cent words, but, rather not catching the things that one should catch when one's profession is writing. Even then, the differences between "they're," "their," and "there" are things that even a bumpkin should know, not to mention "its" and "it's."

I was on the front page of the Dayton Daily, the biggest local paper, 2 weeks ago. It was an article about CCW. I answered every question with an honest thought out reply and even checked in every so often to make sure everything was very clear. I treated the reporter and photographer with respect and consider myself (please no razzing) an ambassador of the sport. All of you are. The write-up was very good, the pic was very big so it was scary, and how often have you seen a shooter shooting a fast double on the front page of a major newspaper? A major LIBERAL newspaper. I think it is good to think about how you would answer if the press interviewed you. They had loads of material from the almost 1 hour interview and used very little. The reporter took one of my brass as a souvenir. I gained respect for him after seeing the article and I will say I did not have a lot of it for the press before this.

Way to go Bill! A good write up and a HUGE picture that is rare.

We had a photographer on the range from a local paper last Saturday. The photographer seemed like a good guy and even inquired about buying a .50 caliber rifle. Unfortunately the reporter he was working with has a thing against us and I am sure the story will be negative. Oh well.

-ld

As a school teacher, I gets to see sum of the worst grammar and speeling you ever did saw. Being a functional illegitimate is nt as bad as the considering the fact that the vocubulary of the average twelveth grade is only about 50 er cent of their counter part 20 years aago and I think that't about half.

Thanks guys,

Yes the balanced case is part of my hybrid Egret stance. I, as Rhino stated , often perform the hybrid Egret while leaping into the air.

And no if you are downrange of my shooting I have either made a grave error or (close your ears you sensitive types) you are a bad guy, if you get my drift. :) Photographer had a remote camera.

PS Without bragging, ok I am bragging three 20 rd mags and only 3 C's in the neck or just how do you say that politically correct?, You can judge speed by the balanced cases. B)

Way to go Bill! A good write up and a HUGE picture that is rare.

We had a photographer on the range from a local paper last Saturday. The photographer seemed like a good guy and even inquired about buying a .50 caliber rifle. Unfortunately the reporter he was working with has a thing against us and I am sure the story will be negative. Oh well.

-ld

Following up on my own thread drift;

I just read the story and it is not negative. I guess I owe the author an apology. But then again he really ticked me off with the last story so NAH! :P

-ld

Ron - I teach in a web-based "virtual" school and communicate with my students via email. Not only can many of the kids neither spell nor write coherent sentences, but they also believe that since it's email, rules for spelling and capitalization don't apply. This worked for e. e. cummings, but not for many people since. ;)

Ron - I teach in a web-based "virtual" school and communicate with my students via email.  Not only can many of the kids neither spell nor write coherent sentences, but they also believe that since it's email, rules for spelling and capitalization don't apply.  This worked for e. e. cummings, but not for many people since. ;)

Spell checking is built into every modern document processing program. Many programs also have a fairly sophisticated grammar checking function. Event composted there sits nun ken do poof reading. I best me cares.

geezer