Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do I do?

Hi, my name is Brian and I'm addicted to blue kool-aid. I got in to Dillon products a little backwards from most; 1050, then 550, and now the 650 (not my first presses). I really used to think people here were crazy in a bad way... I used to reload so that I could shoot more, now I shoot so that I can reload.

I don't regret going in the order that I have, but I am thoroughly impressed with how smooth the 650 is; it's really in a league of its own.

Now for the problem... What do I buy now that I am in an ocean of blue? Primer filler is on order. Is this the point where my fellow addicts acquire duplicates? If so, which one do you recommend as the duplicate? 650? Please don't be too harsh, I'm just looking for the best way to treat this condition. :-)

Funny how one's perspective changes. I used to think it was peculiar if someone had more than fifty guns, three examples of each type they have, multiple safes, and several reloading machines -- each dedicated to a caliber. Today, every shooter I know fits in all those categories. Multiple 650s is not unusual in my neck of the woods.

I used to reload so that I could shoot more, now I shoot so that I can reload.

Where are you Brian - you can reload for me :devil: Nothing about reloading

that I enjoy . :cheers:

I would love to, but I'm half the country away in Illinois.

You could customize your gear with a custom paint job. I'd go candy apple red with highlights in gold and neon columbia blue. Layer on clear coat for that estra sexay gloss and durability.

Go to Ebay and get some custom gear shift knobs for your press's. Ditch those droll roller handles if your using them. However I suppose a guy could have pool balls custom drilled and mounted

on that roller all with custom inserts and paint work. I'd ask that guy on ebay that sells em. Might be nice and comfy on the hands, kind of like a roller massager for the palm. (might be the Cruzan Black STrap

rum talking here on that last idea).

All your press' need tricked out LED kits. You could go tri color and don't forget to run LED strips up the primer feed tubes and casefeed supports. Blinking alternate colors and patterns. If ya go whole

hog you get a programmable blink controller like those guys do with the fancy xmas light displays one sees on youtube. (those guys are insane, eh?)

That's a few ideas, all I could drum up between sips of my Friday evening beverage. I have to go mix another so no time to type up more just yet.

You could customize your gear with a custom paint job. I'd go candy apple red with highlights in gold and neon columbia blue. Layer on clear coat for that estra sexay gloss and durability.

Go to Ebay and get some custom gear shift knobs for your press's. Ditch those droll roller handles if your using them. However I suppose a guy could have pool balls custom drilled and mounted

on that roller all with custom inserts and paint work. I'd ask that guy on ebay that sells em. Might be nice and comfy on the hands, kind of like a roller massager for the palm. (might be the Cruzan Black STrap

rum talking here on that last idea).

All your press' need tricked out LED kits. You could go tri color and don't forget to run LED strips up the primer feed tubes and casefeed supports. Blinking alternate colors and patterns. If ya go whole

hog you get a programmable blink controller like those guys do with the fancy xmas light displays one sees on youtube. (those guys are insane, eh?)

That's a few ideas, all I could drum up between sips of my Friday evening beverage. I have to go mix another so no time to type up more just yet.

That's all priceless!!!

Well for me, I don't like to do caliber conversions. So I got another 1050. Then I got interested in different presses. And I now have, let's just say many workable pressess. Such that, when I want to switch calibers, I just move over a step and start loading. I don't mess around with change outs.

So, if you have room on your bench, or room for another bench, duplicate your favorite machine for your next highest capacity round.

Don't feel quilty, have fun!

Speaking of LEDs, most of the kits mount to the frame of a 650 for example, as it doesn't move. Where do you guys mount them on a 1050? I have a few adjustable arm led book lights, but would like to get an AC solution versus all the batteries. Since the tool head moves down, the LED strips don't look like they will work.