Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use "accu risers"

jnikoley

I have spent a fair amount of time in a long range shooting forum and I've never heard them mentioned. You can draw your own conclusion.

What kind of rifle and stock? Generally speaking, for a long range rifle, you want a good stock with a bedding block built in and a forend that won't flex. With that, you don't need to bed the stock.

I have spent a fair amount of time in a long range shooting forum and I've never heard them mentioned. You can draw your own conclusion.

What kind of rifle and stock? Generally speaking, for a long range rifle, you want a good stock with a bedding block built in and a forend that won't flex. With that, you don't need to bed the stock.

This is good advice. Bedding can perform well though, and if you're gonna do it here's an article on the subject.

http://www.6mmbr.com/pillarbedding.html

Rifle is a Rem 700P with HS precision Pro 2000 stock. My intent is to bed the action to relieve stress on the reciever when properly torqued.

You shouldn't have any stress with that stock. It's got an aluminum bedding block with pillars that runs the length of the action and into the forend. It shouldn't need to be epoxy bedded.

All of my precision rifles have aluminum bedding blocks that run into the forend of the stock. None are bedded, just torque the action bolts to spec and shoot. The problem with any bedding material that can absorb moisture is it can cause a shift in POI.