Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How is the Glock trigger safety tested?

ProGunGuy

Unload the gun and point against a safe backstop.

Grab the sides of the trigger with thumb and index finger. Do not touch the center where the trigger safety lever is located. Pull the trigger to the rear. If it clicks, the safety doesn't work.

Also, google firing pin safety test. You should test that too b

Unload the gun and point against a safe backstop.

Grab the sides of the trigger with thumb and index finger. Do not touch the center where the trigger safety lever is located. Pull the trigger to the rear. If it clicks, the safety doesn't work.

Also, google firing pin safety test. You should test that too b

thank you for the reply. I understand the principal of the trigger safety and how it works. the situation i am speaking of is when the trigger does not go fully forward due to lightened striker springs if released slowly.

the situation i am speaking of is when the trigger does not go fully forward due to lightened striker springs if released slowly.

As I understand it, that is the way all Glock triggers function, lightened striker spring or not. It's called "Catching the Hook" and is a skill required to shoot a Glock quickly. After the first shot, you hold the trigger to the rear as the slide cycles. After the slide returns to battery, you move your trigger finger forward (about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch) until you feel the "click". It is now ready to fire.

Is this what you are talking about?

BC

the situation i am speaking of is when the trigger does not go fully forward due to lightened striker springs if released slowly.

As I understand it, that is the way all Glock triggers function, lightened striker spring or not. It's called "Catching the Hook" and is a skill required to shoot a Glock quickly. After the first shot, you hold the trigger to the rear as the slide cycles. After the slide returns to battery, you move your trigger finger forward (about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch) until you feel the "click". It is now ready to fire.

Is this what you are talking about?

BC

I am actually speaking of what happens after one let the trigger move all the way forward to the rest postition. on a glock with stock springs, the striker spring pushes the trigger bar forward and stops at the end posistion

with a lightened striker spring, i have found that the trigger will not move forward enough to allow the trigger safety to do its job.

the reason i need to clarify is that i would like to run the springs in a sanctioned match. I don't want to be left out in the cold due to failure at the equipment check stage

Do these springs make your gun shoot that much better that you are willing to take a chance on being DQ'd? I'd say put your standard spring back in the gun and shoot the match.

• 2 months later...