Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo Prices for .22 rimfire

Merlin Orr

Well guys.. It does seem kinda funny..but people are buying 22s at almost any price. I do gun shows and sell mostly older reloading stuff and components. I saw about 4 different "dealers" selling bricks of the cheap Federal 22 LR at 50 bucks a brick..I had a bunch of Federal 525s for much much less..and one guy tried to buy 'em all. I had a sign on the table..limit of one. Turns out he had a table and wanted to rip more people off and make another profit on that ammo. On another note. I sold 75,000 Rem 7 1/2 primers(another limit of one thousand) in an hour and a half at a fair price before i quit primer sales. and 2 guys wanted to start a fight over my last 2 cans of Varget.. Is stuff that hard to get?? To be honest though..the reason prices are so high..is because people STILL BUY THE STUFF. Don't buy and prices will come down to reasonable levels....hopefully

Guys maybe you didn't read the box of ammo. These are *Golden* Bullets. At 36 grains each at today's gold price that little box should be worth $68,773.53. If you ask me it is a steal at $239.95!

Guys maybe you didn't read the box of ammo. These are *Golden* Bullets. At 36 grains each at today's gold price that little box should be worth $68,773.53. If you ask me it is a steal at $239.95!

Another point of view..... :roflol:

Local shop has bricks of Blazer 22 ammo at $39.95 + tax a brick. Same shop has CCI Mini Mags for $10.95 + tax a hundred. I remember within the last 2 years getting the Blazer for less than $15 a brick....from Sports Authority.

employee of mine just purchased a 22 pistol for his wife,and bought 30 rounds of 22 wrapped in a sandwich bag for $6 bucks..

Local gun shop had remington 100 box for 12.00 and sold out last week..500 rnd bricks going for $55.00 each ..go to ar15.com and read about the Walmart topics in the ammo section..

Lot of the same going on around here,with people waiting in line for 2 hrs for a 3 box limit on ammo..

Priced primers on Gunbroker lately?? :goof:

• 1 month later...

Don't laugh but my father-in-law bought a recent Marlin from a guy at work for $50. Decided to buy ammo online like this and paid $110 to have a brick sent to me because he felt lucky to find ammo. I just shook my head and cried a little. Called and told him I had 5k already and to stop wasting our inheritance.

• 2 weeks later...