Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Division

Giant81

.22 long rifle is one of the hardest calibers to find / buy. So if the intent is to satisfy a need to continue the sport with the current state of industry, then need will get those creative juices flowing for sure. I hook up Burkett's site onto my large tv screen and do his dry fire exercises. Targets swing, change sizes, etc and there's a timer. Make sure the gun is unloaded / clear... Just a friendly reminder.

Ditto chuckle on dryfire division.

Edited by Locomotion

Oh, I personally don't give a fat baby crap about steel not falling with a .22, I know a hit, and we have this stuff that comes in a can called PAINT.

The problem is activators.. not just scoring a hit like steel challenge does

I actually think it would be fun to shoot. I'd shoot my AR with the Nordic 22 upper

Oh, I personally don't give a fat baby crap about steel not falling with a .22, I know a hit, and we have this stuff that comes in a can called PAINT.

I actually think it would be fun to shoot. I'd shoot my AR with the Nordic 22 upper

Popper activator is 5 pts, maybe the target it activates doesn't exist in .22 division.

It's all so simple if we wanted to do it. There are some impediments, but nothing impossible.

Popper activator is 5 pts, maybe the target it activates doesn't exist in .22 division.

It's all so simple if we wanted to do it. There are some impediments, but nothing impossible.

It actually sounds like a lot of fun. I could shoot rimfire limited 10 with my 617.

We have a a discipline at Old Bridge, obRAMs. Old Bridge Rimfire Action Matches. With modifications due to the obvious we use USPSA rules. No holsters, no mag puches, all starts are low ready, mags are retrieved from tables and barrel tops. The guys running is have built Poppers, Plates, and various movers all scaled for .22 cal. Very active. Excellent feeder to USPSA.

There are so many ways to do it. I've been in several similar threads and I ain't holding my breath though.

What we need is forward thinkers who look past the obstacles and find solutions. I try to vote in that direction during USPSA elections.

Again, I don't know how it would be divided up, but for starters I'd go with something very simple, ....like iron sights and optic division. The goal is new members, especially the young ones. Get them on the range and you've got them for life!

We have a a discipline at Old Bridge, obRAMs. Old Bridge Rimfire Action Matches. With modifications due to the obvious we use USPSA rules. No holsters, no mag puches, all starts are low ready, mags are retrieved from tables and barrel tops. The guys running is have built Poppers, Plates, and various movers all scaled for .22 cal. Very active. Excellent feeder to USPSA.

That's a great idea and a great feeder system!

My thoughts on it have always been to incorporate it right into a regular match. That way the kids can shoot right along with a family member. Saves everyone some much needed cash.

Again, that does sound like a fantastic match you mention, I bet that is a hoot for the kids!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, .22s will indeed knock down a full sized popper.

It just has to be hit high up and with mutlple rounds.

We used to have .22 side matches at our club and the poppers went down just fine.

It was challenging to see who could knock the poppers down with the fewest rounds.

Some folks could consistantly do it with only two or three fast hits.

Others needed lots more than two.

Very doeable and great fun.

A .22 division not only attracts the youngsters, it can bring back the old guys, who can't rapid fire or deal with recoil anymore.

Or stand pulling the handle of a press hundreds of times.

Edited by g.willikers

Our area has AASA (American Action Shooting Association) matches, which have iron sight and Open .22 divisions. They loosely follow USPSA rules with IDPA-style scoring. It's a family-friendly sport that encourages new shooters and juniors. Round counts are lower, and the equipment investment is more on the level of IDPA. Since a lot of USPSA shooters also shoot these matches, we are able to promote our sport while supporting another. We have brought several people into USPSA this way. And vice-versa for introducing people to AASA who would like to bring a spouse/child/friend out to shoot a .22 or centerfire on something other than a square range, but who might be intimidated by attending a USPSA match.

AASA is more fun-oriented as opposed to intensely competition-oriented. I think that is a more appealing introduction to firearm competition for some people. There are a lot of rules to USPSA, and there are a lot of ways to earn penalties. It can be a little overwhelming and even disheartening to a new shooter, be they adult or junior.

It's a volunteer sport. If you really want rimfire and you're seriously tired of the reasons why they don't have one, put in the work to propose equipment/scoring/penalty rules and send them to USPSA. The difficulties in integrating rimfire into the current rules are real. If someone were to go through and make serious change proposals to facilitate it, not just ask for it, maybe it would be more likely to happen.

Since the ammo crunch hit, I have been allowing rimfire pistols to shoot during our monthly USPSA match. It's the same income and expense as a regular shooter. I do run them on paper score sheets as though they are a separate match and do not include their scores in the main match. But they do shoot along side the centerfire guns. We usually get 3-4 rimfire shooters. Not enough to over take the match. And they still have the fun we centerfire shooters have.

On the steel, we just ensure it's painted before a rimfire shooter runs, and call a hit if they hit the steel, no requirement to fall for score. As for paper, we score them all as production minor.

Since they are in their own match, I don't have a requirement to report them as activity to USPSA. So go ahead and run some rimfire. Just run two simultaneous matches, rimfire and USPSA.

• 3 weeks later...

or we could start a USPSA-Airsoft like they do in HongKong where they aren't allowed to have guns. i don't think there is gonna be a run on 6mm plastic bb's anytime soon so we won't have to worry about horders or people who have never shot a gun but buy up every component they can find to resale it for 2-3 times the original price

don't worry those that have to shoot only a LimCat or Brazos or Infinity or etc...... are covered. And like with real steel guns you can spend rediculous amounts of money on these too

For those that have to have the "prettiest gun"

url=http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_Inifinity_SWAROVSKI_Crystal_Luxury_Capsicum_Open_Black_Red.htm%5Dhttp://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_Inifinity_SWAROVSKI_Crystal_Luxury_Capsicum_Open_Black_Red.htm[/url]

LimCat

OPENhttp://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_RAZOR_CAT_Open_2012.htm

LIMITEDhttp://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_IPSC_ENTRY_Version_I.htm

Brazoshttp://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_Brazos_Speed_Pro_2_Tone_with_Steel_Frame.htm

LIMITED EDITION" STIhttp://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Airsoftsurgeon_Airsoft_Surgeon_ST1_EXECUTIVE.htm

Yes, you saw the prices right. There is nothing wrong with your monitor. Unbelievable.

Edited by gator098

While I understand DVC....evolution comes in all things. Allowing rim fire next to center fire does not dilute Mr. Coopers original intent. It only allows a gateway into the " mother" sport. As production is scored minor, rim fire could be scored sub minor. I'm not sure how to put in in a level 2 or 3 match, but at a monthly why not?

No one so far as given a viable opposition other than basically its never been done. I imagine when minor PF was started same thing happened a bit. Absolutely do not change what exists, rather just add another "division". Just my opinion.

While I am personally not in favor of Rimfire, I encourage every poster who is to volunteer at their home club and set it up. Do the leg work and see who comes. If you like the idea,do the heavy lifting on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I support Rimfire Division as a feeder. Target audience is youth, spouses and new shooters. Score as minor/Production. Give folks 12 months or 10 matches or some other reasonable time period to try the sport, then coach/drive them into one of the current divisions.