Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Division

Giant81

I Say they start a RIMFIRE division. or maybe make it a third power factor.

That way those of us that can't get any ammo to shoot anything but our rimfires, can still go to matches.

I can't even get rimfire:(

+1

We can make any other caliber...

I can't find any loaded ammo, nobody has components, and even rimfire is hard to find.

Actually the only thing they have in abundance is 12GA and high power rifle hunting rounds.

They could do a pump gun division but I am NOT pasting THOSE targets.

United states practical archery association anyone?

Well he's not an American, but you get the point :goof:

I have also honestly thought about showing up at my local match with a cap and ball revolver too for giggles.

Edited by BlueOvalBandit

I think a separate sport setup for rimfire would be cool. Mostly the same rules but you couldn't run rimfire guns under the same rules as normal USPSA. It won't knock over poppers and even if you wanted to score based on a hit that doesn't fall, a lot of times falling poppers activate moving targets and other such things.

I'd say have a "RAS" (Rimfire Action Shooting) sport where its all paper targets but with movement and reloads and such (a little more interesting than Steel Challenge which is the only other place I shoot my rimfire).

I don't think it would help right now as rimfire seems to be the rarest ammo out there at the moment, but when things are "normal" I'd say a fun 2-3 stage rimfire action match would be a fun and cheap diversion.

A .22 Division would violate the second word of the second principle of USPSA Competition.

Accuracy, power and speed are the equivalent elements of practical shooting

and practical competition must be conducted in such a way as to evaluate

these elements equally.

Ok this keeps coming up about having a USPSA/IPSC rimfire division. and im getting tired of hearing why we cant BS rather then just making it happen are people just scared of this rimfire division.??

Edited by JAB

Ok this keeps coming up about having a USPSA/IPSC rimfire division. and im getting tired of hearing why we cant BS rather then just making it happen are people just scared of this rimfire division.??

Try to host a few matches.. best way to see the interest. It's just about has to be set up as a seperate match unless you shoot all paper

I'm tired of it too, the reasons against it that is. Power is like speed. Fast or slow, low or high, power is measured no matter what you shoot, even .22. There is a POWER there. We represent the power in minor by changing points on target. Could do the same for .22, an A=5, B/C=2 and anything else is a miss, so no D zone in .22 division. That's just one idea. There are more, if people could come together and realize how a division like .22 could offer growth opportunities for USPSA. I agree that SC offers us some of that with a .22, but not the ZING that a field course offers. Not even close.

I don't get what the deal is? What better way to get the kids in the sport!! While, I might add, going easy on the $$ for parents!!!

For the naysayers and grumblers grab a .22 and run a field course, then come and tell me you thought it was so easy! Come tell me how your times were cut in half!! Come tell me how you got all A's and wasted your talents doing something so easy!!! Basically come back and tell me how you did it with your .22 so much better than you could with your regular gun! I don't just want to hear it, heck post a video!! Prove it.

Sorry for the rant, I'll never get the reasoning against this, ever. But then, I've shot a match that allowed a young man to use a .22 and I'll never forget the pure joy from that young guy! What a waste we don't account for that in our thinking.

Oh, I personally don't give a fat baby crap about steel not falling with a .22, I know a hit, and we have this stuff that comes in a can called PAINT.

Rant off, sorry again.

Edited by Chris iliff