Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from Tampa, Florida

ericjhuber

I'm a former law enforcement officer who took about fifteen years off from shooting so most of my skill is now gone. Turns out shooting was a perishable skill, who knew? :blink:

So I'm starting up against and I'm a rookie competitive shooter. I'm relearning how to shoot and enjoying it very much. My local club shoots all sorts of shooting sports and I'm starting with USPSA\GSSF before branching out to some of the others like IDPA. I figure if I try and do IDPA and USPSA at the same time at my skill level, it's going to be a clown show and I don't want to step on anyone's toes at this point.

I'm a Glock armorer and I find it very Zen to take apart my pistols completely to get them ready to roll again. I admit it. I think I actually like cleaning my firearms.

Thanks for the response! There is a tremendous amount of knowledge here so it's already been very helpful. No, I don't reload yet. It seems like quite a few of the top tier shooters at my local club do that to save money and for other reasons. I expect I'll do reloading down the road since ammo isn't cheap even at the 9mm price point.

That explains why I'm seeing many of the top shooters at my local club doing reloading. I knew there was a cost advantage, but I suspected it also provides better control of your performance since you can tweak the rounds to your shooting style and equipment. Thanks, Jack.

Welcome from almost a neighbor. St. Augustine.

Thanks! I'm hoping to get up there later in the year for the GSSF match in that area. It's not that long of a drive and I'll just make sure I restrain myself a bit when it comes to the divisions I shoot compared to my last match in Orlando where I shot six. By the end of the day, I was literally having a problem finding enough strength to pull the trigger at the end. I figure I'll just shoot four divisions for the Saint Augustine trip so I can make sure I get through it in a day.