Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger

Jensey

Ok, I have a Springfield xdm 5.25 9mm. What is the best trigger for the money? Send back to Springfield Custom shop for $195 plus shipping? Or Powder River? Drop in, or get it installed?

I got good results with the PRPs, & have installed them in several XDMs. PRP has YT install vids, so all you need are the parts and some basic tools. Way cheaper and faster than sending your gun back to SA.

Ok, I have a Springfield xdm 5.25 9mm. What is the best trigger for the money? Send back to Springfield Custom shop for $195 plus shipping? Or Powder River? Drop in, or get it installed?

I have a XD tactical. I used the Springer Precision aftermarket parts and got excellent results. They take a little smithing.

http://shop.springerprecision.com/category.sc;jsessionid=3CDA3AF34D57EBEB8F60AFEE0441E65D.qscstrfrnt04?categoryId=10

Edited by bountyhunter

Rich at Canyon Creek does the best XDM triggers period in my opinion. He's backed up like everyone else right now, but I'd contact him to see what kind of time frame you're looking at. PRP is a good option, if you need it now.

Mine was done by Springer Precision using their parts. It's a nice trigger job and the turnaround was ridiculously quick.

Mine too. Money well spent and nice folks too.

I had no desire to learn how to do that job properly so I sent it to Scott. I am sure I saved both time and money by not doing this one myself.

-john

Rich at Canyon Creek does the best XDM triggers period in my opinion. He's backed up like everyone else right now, but I'd contact him to see what kind of time frame you're looking at. PRP is a good option, if you need it now.

I have to agree. I felt my friends and sent mine of to Rich. His price was more than fair and the trigger is just amazing.

Depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

I have 3 XDm's. The first one I installed was PRP's original version with their proprietary safety lever, reduced power springs, and the overtravel stop that was "mounted" to the trigger bar. Great trigger for the money and a night/day difference over stock.

The second one I installed was PRP's Ultimate Match kit which contains the proprietary safety lever, PRP sear, reduced power springs, and the trigger with overtravel stop built into the back of it. This is an EXCELLENT trigger kit but not everyone likes the feel of the molded plastic trigger. I don't have any problems with it. Every person that dry fires this gun cannot believe how good the trigger job is.

The third trigger job I did was a complete DIY homemade job. I drilled and tapped the trigger bar and installed a set screw to control the overtravel. I modified the stock safety lever by adding material onto the portion that engages the sear and shaped it with a Dremel. This makes the safety lever engage the sear earlier in the trigger pull. Finally, I grinded and polished the mating surfaces of the stock sear and striker. I was quite surprised at how well this came out. I just need to get a reduced power trigger bar spring and maybe a sear spring and I think it will lighten it up even more. Note, this gun is strictly a range gun.

I don't have a lot of experience with the Springer Precision trigger kits but have dry fired an XDm with one. It felt pretty good and it seems like a lot of people on here speak highly of them. Same with sending your gun to Canyon Creek's for a custom trigger job although I've never fired an XDm with one of these trigger jobs.

If you have the tools (punch set, hammer) and are mechanically inclined, I would say buy a drop in kit and DIY. If you're not comfortable with taking your pistol apart, have someone else do it.

Edited by d_striker

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did my ZDM 5.25 (as shown in my profile picture) myself using Springer Precision components. A bit harder to disassemble and reassemble than a Glock but not all that hard, especially thanks to You Tube. I also did some polishing on the sear and other parts. Took it from over 5lbs to a tad over 3lbs. Only problem is it now only likes Federal primers. Springer precision tells you this in their instructions.

+1 I now have 3 triggers done by Rich. You wont find a better trigger job for a XDm anywhere!!!

+1 I now have 3 triggers done by Rich. You wont find a better trigger job for a XDm anywhere!!!

I have 5 Canyon creek pistols- 3- XD's, and 2 XDm's.

Rich does great work and he's a Gentleman,too.

The prp drop in takes about 5-15 minutes to install, and is easy to do. I also got the springer kit and, while it takes a little longer because of all the fitting, it was worth the effort. Of the two, I like the springer feel better.

I installed the PRP drop in kit in 2 XDm .40s. Also picked up the PRP drift punch set and extra striker retaining pins. Fairly easy job, and I now have confidence to do any minor repairs. The triggers are awesome!

This thread just cost me money.

Which one did you get. I tried both today live firing and they both are a huge improvement. Very hard to tell differenc

I got the PRP. I figure that way I have little down time. The youtube videos make install easy.