Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger 2000

bubba04

I have shot several 3 gun shoots and am the point I would like to upgrade away from my 870.

I was pretty convinced that I Would get the benelli m2 with 21" barrel. However recently discovered the stoeger 2000. Seems to be mixed review on the internet. Whats the general thought on these? Stay away and pony up for the benelli if you want an inertial driven system, or worth the chance?

I appreciate the help.

I had one and sold it when I lucked into an M1S90 for a song. At the time, the only mag extension was from Flatland Forge, and it was heavy. I believe Nordic is making extensions for them now. A Benelli bolt handle fit it. The 24" barrel model is rarer to find than the 28". There is a thread somewhere long ago where Benny Hill built one and called it good to go for 3 gun. Long term, I don't know how much support you will get from Turkey if you have problems. Mine ran as well as my Benelli. They do take Benelli chokes, also.

I have a used one but since I never found time to get into 3-gun have hardly used it. It seems to work well enough but is a bit fussy about what slugs you feed it.

It came with a 28" barrel but I was able to find a 24" barrel and swap it out easily enough. At that time, there was only one mag extension available but I believe that Nordic now has one. That implies, to me, that they are becoming more common.

I keep saying I'm going to sell mine but, well, you know how that goes.

I had one I used for some informal 3-gun. It never failed me. I had a Benelli bolt handle, nordic extension and 3-Gun Gear Velcro side saddle on it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the recoil. That thing seemed to beat the crap out of me.

030712195045.jpg

I dont shoot much 3gun but I a have one that I built in to tactical shotgun. I opened up the loading port, welded the lifter, added a nordic tube and a limbsaver recoil pad. Its treated me pretty well so far. I was just walking through a lgs and it caught my eye. They only wanted $275 for it used so I figured as long as it works, I couldn't go wrong. I did the work myself so I only have about $400 dollars in it. I have heard that the quality is no where near what a benelli is, but for the couple of times a year I use it and how cheap I have a gun that will work, I dont care. This one will eat anything I feed it. For what I use it for its great, but for a serious 3gunner, I dont know.

Look at the Mossberg 930JM. Ready to race out of the box. I saw one at a recent gunshow for $599. Walked the show and came back for it, it was gone. Didn't need it, but recognized a good deal. So did someone else I suppose.

Thanks for the feed back. I think I am going to scrape by and try to swing the benelli or a used m1 super 90. Just need to decide what is a good price to pay.....

A lgs had a m1 in decent condition about a week ago for around $650. Dont know if thats a good deal or not, but I guess thats what they go for here

Thanks for the feed back. I think I am going to scrape by and try to swing the benelli or a used m1 super 90. Just need to decide what is a good price to pay.....

A lgs had a m1 in decent condition about a week ago for around $650. Dont know if thats a good deal or not, but I guess thats what they go for here

If I could find something like that I would grab it. Everything here seems high.

I never thought I would find a shotgun I liked better than my Auto 5s but these 2000s are pretty darn good shotguns. I installed a 18.5 barrel, Nordic magazine extension that allows for 8 rounds and use it in our local side matches. Never has missed a beat. Shoots anything that will fit in it. When I first got it I had shotgun shells of undetermined age that were my late father's, all different brands and types, and decided to use them up. The 2000 fed them without a hicup during my first match with it.

I never thought I would find a shotgun I liked better than my Auto 5s but these 2000s are pretty darn good shotguns. I installed a 18.5 barrel, Nordic magazine extension that allows for 8 rounds and use it in our local side matches. Never has missed a beat. Shoots anything that will fit in it. When I first got it I had shotgun shells of undetermined age that were my late father's, all different brands and types, and decided to use them up. The 2000 fed them without a hicup during my first match with it.

I did come across a M2000 at my LGS today, however it was the tactical model with the pistol grip and the rifle sights on the barrel. Action was real nice on it. They also had a 3500.

Does anyone know if the benelli 11055 Comes with the comfortech stock? I have read contradictory things. I have a bead on a benelli 11055 for a hair over a grand. This is awefull tempting at the price point even though it has the short barrel and rifle sights.

Does anyone know if the benelli 11055 Comes with the comfortech stock? I have read contradictory things. I have a bead on a benelli 11055 for a hair over a grand. This is awefull tempting at the price point even though it has the short barrel and rifle sights.

The 11055 does not have a comfortech stock

The 11055 does not have a comfortech stock

Thank you sir. Scratch that sucker off the list.

I ended up with a 22 inch JM 930. I may very have ended up with a Benelli M2 21 incher, but for preference and hand function am very partial to the Mossberg safety location. I added the XXL Nordic cap so when I put it down the mag tube is a touch longer than the barrel. I added TG960 fiber optic sights. I may have stuck with the stock sight, but just hitting too high even with the comb drop. You end up about half into a 930 than the Benelli. However, while mine the and the two guys I know with them, and plenty of others are happy with the JMs based on reading about them, it is my understanding some have had problems with them. Versus how many people have problems with the M2?