Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AndersonShooting.com UPDATE!

Thanks to the tireless efforts of our very own shootergrrl, Andersonshooting.com has been updated to include video from the 2004 handgun nationals.

There is an interview with Rob Leatham, an interview with Travis Tomasie, video of Travis, Rob, and TJ shooting stages, and several videos of the shootoffs.

Click here!

Thanks for looking,

SA

Two things that kinda stood out (and Steve and I have talked these over some) on TGO's video interview...

1. Robbie doesn't spend very much time (about 11 seconds) at all talking about what went wrong in the Dark House.

I also noticed (we watched the Limited Super Squad some) that...when he talked with other shooters, asking the age-old question of "how ya shooting"...if they mentioned they had some bad luck, he would acknowledge his regrets...but, he didn't stick around to hear what went wrong. He didn't seem to want to spend anytime around negative experiences.

2. The rest of the interview, he talks about shooting solid stages and seeing what happens (I think we call that trust)...while others were looking for stage wins/miracles (I think we call that trying).

Good stuff!!!

It seemed to mr that he was a little irritated at being asked...but I took the chance because that's exactly what I was trying to find out: How does TGO bounce back from mistakes?

Same thing with TT...when we got the scuttlebutt from the limited super squad, Travis was not mentioned as a leader. He was just doing his thing, shooting his game while the others were trading stage wins.

I had a similar meltdown on day four, and it really refocused me back to shooting my game. It was too little too late, but taught me a powerful lesson, and was the inspiration for the interviews.

SA

It seemed to mr that he was a little irritated at being asked...but I took the chance because that's exactly what I was trying to find out: How does TGO bounce back from mistakes?

Makes sense..since it would probably reinforce the mistakes made...

What a great lesson though in the mental game...not to dwell on the mistakes..and beat yourself up on them..it just reinforces them..like telling yourself..don't hit the noshoot or don't miss...all your doing is telling yourself to do those things..

when you should be accentuating the positives...call your shots, trust yourself..

wow...good stuff...thanks steve for taking the time and then sharing with all of us..

Remember when Brian said he thinks The Great One puts himself in a hole for the challenge of scratching back to the top? What's interesting is TGO said he got mad and won the next three stages after the dark house. I think for most people, shooting mad is a recipe for disaster. That's what Bill Murray said in Groundhog Day, "Don't shoot mad."

Meanwhile, Phil's reloads are sick. That's just inhuman.

Hey Steve!

What did you do, speed the video up x 2 or something for those reloads?? :P

Those days are now officially over. I've decided to move the mags over to international position. I'm much slower from there! See ya next year.

Phil