Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Trigger mods

scout308

Im located in Australia and would like to smooth out and lighten the double action trigger pull on my X5 allround. What DIY mods would you recommend to achieve this? Grays guns never seems to have the X5 spring kits in stock when i look on their webpage. I will be able to get Wolf springs in to Australia no problems.

Any advice would be appreciated

Edited by scout308

Take it apart. Polsih every surface. Again polish not grind or file. Put the 17 lbs main spring in. Get a SRT trigger kit from top gun supply. That will give you a starting place.

Then you can cut a 1/2 of circle at a time off the main spring until you get the weight you want. This statement will cause lots of discussing from the spring experts I'm sure. you also can get reduced sear springs BUt I've never felt the need and have gotten down below 2 1/2 lbs SA and 5.5 lbs double action with good reliablity with win or fed primers.

you will have to replace the main spring every 4-5 k rounds along with your dry fire practice will shorten the life of the "cut" down main spring. When you can replace it with the gray DIY spring kit. I'm told that gray had all the springs made to his specs, so I'm thinking he had them built lighter to his specs without losing the length of the main spring.

I've found personally that the polishing and SRT make the biggest difference and now mine is broken in from lots of shooting and dry fire practice. other guns I've done get the above treatment and work great but need to have the main spring replaced more often.

hope it helps

I did as suggested above. Had the SRT trigger parts installed by Sig ( they had a special deal at the time). I then replaced the mainsprin with a 17 lb. Ended up cutting 1 complete coil off of the mainspring. Made a big difference in both the DA and SA trigger.

Just an FYI, GGI's website is hardly ever up to date. Since you're in Australia and calling may not be feasible, you may want to e-mail and see if they have any in stock.

• 4 weeks later...

Take it apart. Polsih every surface. Again polish not grind or file. Put the 17 lbs main spring in. Get a SRT trigger kit from top gun supply. That will give you a starting place.

Then you can cut a 1/2 of circle at a time off the main spring until you get the weight you want. This statement will cause lots of discussing from the spring experts I'm sure. you also can get reduced sear springs BUt I've never felt the need and have gotten down below 2 1/2 lbs SA and 5.5 lbs double action with good reliablity with win or fed primers.

you will have to replace the main spring every 4-5 k rounds along with your dry fire practice will shorten the life of the "cut" down main spring. When you can replace it with the gray DIY spring kit. I'm told that gray had all the springs made to his specs, so I'm thinking he had them built lighter to his specs without losing the length of the main spring.

I've found personally that the polishing and SRT make the biggest difference and now mine is broken in from lots of shooting and dry fire practice. other guns I've done get the above treatment and work great but need to have the main spring replaced more often.

hope it helps

jcc7x7, When you say polish every surface do you mean just the sear and hammer/ignition parts? Or is there other surfaces you would recommend polishing also? Any pic's would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!