Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
fogliogirl

Quote for today

Recommended Posts

If you lose yourself in any action, that action will be the most successful.

-Sri Atmananda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, benos said:

If you lose yourself in any action, that action will be the most successful.

-Sri Atmananda

Very well stated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Who's the fool?  The fool or the fool who followed him?

-Obi Wan Kenobi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are very few things in this life that cannot be taken from you. Your integrity is one of those things. You can give it away, or even sell it, but no matter what price you get for it, it will never be enough, as you can never get it back once you have let it go. Quote from my Dad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We trained hard—but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we were reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while actually producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.

 

 

A man who is always ready to believe what is told him will never do well.

 

 

Petronius Arbiter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A person can be pinned down by knowledge, to truly be free and limitless one needs to experience imagination.  For imagination is truly limitless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

A person can be pinned down by knowledge, to truly be free and limitless one needs to experience imagination.  For imagination is truly limitless!

This! The mind is for creating. Computers and books for storage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's Maku mozo! 

 

 

Just know how to put all mental activity to rest and thus achieve

tranquility. Certainly do not begin by thinking things out and end up in

perplexity.

 

-Huang Po

 

 

 

The truth beyond mind cannot be grasped by any faculty of mind; the

meaning of non-action cannot be understood in compulsive activity; to

realise the meaning of non-action and beyond mind, cut the mind at its

root and rest in naked awareness.

 

-Tilopa

 

 

 

If you were able to put a stop to the mentality in which every thought is

running after something, then you would be no different from a Zen master

or a buddha.

 

-Lin-chi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benos said:

Today's Maku mozo! 

 

 

Just know how to put all mental activity to rest and thus achieve

tranquility. Certainly do not begin by thinking things out and end up in

perplexity.

 

-Huang Po

 

 

 

The truth beyond mind cannot be grasped by any faculty of mind; the

meaning of non-action cannot be understood in compulsive activity; to

realise the meaning of non-action and beyond mind, cut the mind at its

root and rest in naked awareness.

 

-Tilopa

 

 

 

If you were able to put a stop to the mentality in which every thought is

running after something, then you would be no different from a Zen master

or a buddha.

 

-Lin-chi

Ah, be the bullet, do not squeeze the trigger, but push the bullet to its target. Ahhhmmmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 2:38 PM, benos said:

If you lose yourself in any action, that action will be the most successful.

-Sri Atmananda

 

 

Here you go @benos

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, gsc0tt said:

I'm sure this one will be familiar

 

"Let it do"

 

Never heard it before    ....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 10:13 AM, GrumpyOne said:

There are very few things in this life that cannot be taken from you. Your integrity is one of those things. You can give it away, or even sell it, but no matter what price you get for it, it will never be enough, as you can never get it back once you have let it go. Quote from my Dad.

 

Here you go @GrumpyOne

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 5:51 AM, Wrathen said:

 

 

Here you go @benos

 

 

Thanks. I'm a big fan of Sri Atmananda. I have a 500 page download of his... Notes on Spiritual Discourses of Shri Atmananda. Never stop going through it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."

-- Winston S. Churchill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...