Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

scope mount?

RickeyT

Im trying to decide on what rings I would need to mount a vortex hd 1-6 on a JP scr-11? I originally planed on getting the warne ramp mount. red to match my heat sink! ;> However a few people have said that you may not get enough eye relief distance depending on how you shoot.... I tried to look at other rings but not all of the mounts tell you how far forward the rings are so I cant really compare..... Should I get the scope first and then decide...? Any advise or opinions are welcome!

Thank you

rickey

I've shot larues, adm, wilson. Never had a problem with eye releif. That's just me. I'd take the risk and buy it. Returning it would be an option if it didn't work out. Would like to see pics when you have it together.

If you want to try a Warne RAMP to see if it works send me a PM. I think a lot depends on you shooting style. If you put your nose on the charging handle it probably won't have enough eye relief. Most won't. If you shoot a bit more heads up it should be fine.

I think im going to stay away from adm since all of their mounts have the quick detach latches on the same side as my side charging handle.... I Just feel that the two might interfere a little....

supermoto have you ever had a problem with a 3in mount hanging on thing and bending? I dont know that i need the 3 in since i dont believe I hold my head that close to the handle but dont want to get a 2in mount and not have enough room either...

I dont mind the price but prefer to not have a quick detach mount especially one that has the latch on the left side since my scr-11 has the side charging lever on the left side.

I haven't had any issues with it hanging up or bending. I ran a Larue SPR-E before the ADM. I prefer the ADM as it is easier to switch to different rifles, no tools needed. But you can get a SPR-E without the QD, select the VFZ option and save $50

I have a Larue with the VFZ (non throw lever type) on my JP. I am completely happy with it. It has reference marks that you can color in to visualy put it back in the same place if you remove it or just check to make sure it hasn't moved. Like was mentioned above, it is $50 cheaper than a throw lever model. Before this mount, I had a ARMS #19 with Leupold rings. I couldn't get eough eye relief and still use a cat tail on my scope, so I switched to the Larue.

Hurley

Im really not sure which one is best. I like that warne comes with the 45 offset which saves money down the road. Larue SPR-E will allow plenty of eye relief. And I like Jp's mount because its doesnt have anything sticking out on the sides.... O choices.... May just have to get the scope in hand and find a local dealer to see what fits me best.... A local scope dealer said the Nightforce Ultralite Unimount would be a good choice as well. What do you think?

Thank you for all the feed back