Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Autocomp anyone ?

Carl02

On a recent trip to a local supply store, I spotted a lone 1 lb bottle of Autocomp sitting on the otherwise empty powder shelf (that should have told me something :sick: ). Being in the middle of a local powder drought, I thought: "How bad could it be ?". So I grabbed it.

I shoot 38 SPL, 40 S&W and 45 ACP. Poking around on forums, it appears this powder is a dog at Hodgdon's published loads.

Does anyone like Autocomp in any of these handguns ? :surprise:

If you dig around there is a very small circle of people using AC in .40s&w. I like it b/c it makes major very easily and produces a recoil I like. It adds a nice safety margin b/c unless you reload w/blinders there is no chance if a double.

I use it and really like it, but lots don't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am thinking about trying Autocomp in my .45 Colt loads after seeing reloading information in my Hodgdon Reloading Manual for it. Anyone have any experience with it in this caliber?

I have not been able to get my hands on any yet, so I figured that I would see if anyone had used it in .45 Colt before I do. Not expecting that many (if any) had, but it never hurts to ask.

• 1 month later...

I finally obtained a couple 1lb bottles of Autocomp, so I should get the chance to try it out in my 45lc next month after I get back from the US Fencing Summer Nationals. I will compare loads using it to my loads using Titegroup and see how I like each.

Thanks for the comments about using Autocomp in 45lc OUshooter.

Edited by Blueridge

I finally obtained a couple 1lb bottles of Autocomp, so I should get the chance to try it out in my 45lc next month after I get back from the US Fencing Summer Nationals. I will compare loads using it to my loads using Titegroup and see how I like each.

Ooops. . . I meant thanks craigsteffek for your response advising that autocomp has worked well for you in 45LC.

• 3 months later...