Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey Canadian Open shooters, mag question

BostonBullit

I picked up some STI 126mm 10rnd mags to use with my SV Open gun. plan was for use in Steel Challenge and also as insurance against future laws regarding capacity. Problem is I run a Dawson Ice magwell and those 126 tubes need to be shoved way up there to seat well. I thought I recalled a Canadian forum member posting what basepad to put on that doesn't add to capacity but gives more of a solid base to seat the mag but I can't find the thread now. Any suggestions?

Those doubletaps look like the ticket, thanks!

140s would be easier to deal with but I chose to give the 126s a go. I actually had a couple backorders clear at the same time and have to send a few back! I have found that to get 10 reloadable I need to sand a few thousandths off the bottom of the follower but that only takes a min or two per mag so no biggie.

Thanks Moto, I might order up one of those to compare to the DoubleTaps. I ordered a few in red and got a message on my answering machine at home saying that he doesn't have anymore red 'cause us guys down here are "buying him oot". I had him sub in blue ones instead....A

Looks like Shooters Connection has some in Red! :)

http://www.shootersc...-Red-P1660.aspx

I almost made that mistake myself...DT makes two kinds of base pads for these, one is the same size as stock and more durable (not to mention better looking) and the other adds a bit of length without adding capacity. the ShootersConnection ones are the stock length.

Thanks for checking Pat, I went ahead and got Blue instead. might be a good thing as if I'm in a hurry and want the 126s there's less chance of grabbing the wrong thing because all my other mags have red Dawson pads on them.