Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cases not feeding on Dillion 650

I am having a intermittent problem with cases not feeding on my 650... i am loading 9mm and have never changed to another caliber... I have cleaned the case feed tube, bushing & the feed mechanism that pushed the empty case onto the shell plate.... the bushing is the correct one .. if i am paying close attention i can tap on the case feed tube and the next case drops .. but i don't always notice...

my question is there an adjustment that aligns the empty case better to make it drop ?? i have called Dillion all day yesterday and for 3 hours this morning.. the phone is always busy..

thanks

does the clear drop tube thing look to long and the little switch sensor arm thing is getting caught on the top of the tube? If so , just trim down the clear drop tube just a small hair, or make sure she is seated all the way down.

its not hanging up at the top...its at the bottom... it seems to feeding thru the case feed adapter #1 (green) .. but the brass hangs up on the case feeder arm bushing #5 (green)..this is something that just started lately.. did not do it at first.. so i am puzzled..

I have the same problem on my brand new xl650. It's like the casefeed arm bushing and casefeed adapter don't quite line up so every once in a while a case doesn't drop down. I have to take a closer look.

I have the same problem on my brand new xl650. It's like the casefeed arm bushing and casefeed adapter don't quite line up so every once in a while a case doesn't drop down. I have to take a closer look.

if you find the problem.. please let me know what you found..

is the clear tube in upside down?

mine came with a arrow pointing up. One day I managed to stick it in ass backwards and that led to prublems.

the arrow on the clear tube is pointing UP..

The large black case slider also causes the case drop thingy (holds the green insert) to advance enough to drop the brass. I bet yours is loose or out of position. There is a Allen screw on the side that tightens/loosens the black case slider and you need to loosed the Allen and make sure the black case slider is forward enough to allow the case drop to open enough to drop the brass; re-tighten the Allen and you should be good to go. At least that cured that exact problem for my 650.

• 2 months later...

No, I was loading 9mm. Tried repositioning the tube a couple times but with no improvement. I will look at it closer tomorrow and see if there is an adjustment that may work to align the tube over the case feed. Thanks for the tip on beveling the bushing. I have spare parts so I may try that.

The large black case slider also causes the case drop thingy (holds the green insert) to advance enough to drop the brass. I bet yours is loose or out of position. There is a Allen screw on the side that tightens/loosens the black case slider and you need to loosed the Allen and make sure the black case slider is forward enough to allow the case drop to open enough to drop the brass; re-tighten the Allen and you should be good to go. At least that cured that exact problem for my 650.

+1 If the case won't drop out of the the case feed arm (#13716), and thru the body bushing it's a timing issue. Adjust the Black insert slider (#97082) and/or the Camming pin (#13371)

Let us know what you find.

Jimmy

This most likely is your issue, make sure you have a prime case in station #2 with the handle forward as if you were priming when you make this adjustment.

I have had this problem, and solved it by adjusting the case insert slide cam. Refer to page 37 of the manual, specifically figure 186.

Chris

The slide cam tends to loosen up after a bit, plus the shitty plastic its made of gets rough with dirt and oil on it.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older post, but I had a similar issue that I solved. The casefeed arm 13716 wasn't pivioting back far enough to line up with the casefeed tube at the bottom of the cycle (i.e. when the handle is forward in the prime position, causing frequent jamming at the base of the casefeed tube just above the casefeed arm. I just backed out the casefeed arm stop pin 14326 until the casefeed arm aligns with the casefeed tube when the handle is in the forward or prime position. Viola! no issues anymore.

Did you put on the aftermarket push rod with the little wheel on it? I bought one on eBay and put it on thinking it would make things run even smoother. Never could get it adjusted right and had problems with shells dropping and falling over. Tried adjusting everything I could think of. Finally put the old rod back on an things are back to normal.