Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 won't double tap...HELP!

gmg

Good morning all. I need a little direction from those in the know. My 2011 won't double tap. I thought it might be me but finger working fine on my Shadow. I tried adjusting the overtravel screw but to no avail. It acts like the trigger is not springing back out. Has anyone seen or heard of this before? The AL sectional is right around the corner and don't need this. By the way, this gun is fairly new to me, maybe 5 - 6 months.

Yes what they said, its most likely your sear spring, it could be installed wrong. I've had a very similar problem on a limcat and it turned out that the sear spring had gotten out of whack.

I'd check for a magazine dragging on the trigger stirrup first ( try it without a mag, see if it resets that way) if it does, remove the slide and see if you can see the stirrup protruding into the magazine well, if so, remove it and bend the leg outward slightly.

If it doesn't reset without the mag in, bend the center leg of the sear spring forward a very slight amount and try it again. One of these should solve your problem.

If neither of these solves your problem, might see a gunsmith.

Edited by Steve RA

I had a trigger crack through where the creep take-up tab is on the trigger bow.

Sure acted strange. So you just have to disassemble the gun and see what's up.

Good luck.

Edited by pyrrhic3gun

Update: I tried everything you guys suggested but still wouldn't run. Before our local match yesterday, I decided to go ahead and clean it. Sprayed it down real good with gun scrubber, re-oiled with Gunzilla CLP and a very small amount of Mobil 1. It ran like a scolded cats ass. I had put some Lucas gun oil on it awhile back and it is like a clingy oil and I'm thinking powder residue and whatever clung to it also and it slowed down the trigger group enough that I was outrunning the trigger so to speak. Any problem resolved and thanks for everyone's help. Maybe this will help someone else.