Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 rebuild kit

well i bought a used 1050 off ebay a while back in august, since then i've gone about 7 or 8,000 5.56 on it and 1,000 9mm and 500 45 i think. since day one it's been a littel clunky and i am going to be part of an ammo company soon i believe with that machine. so..... what exactly does a rebuild kit consist of and what are the parts that cen wear out?

we took the press apart almost all the way but were not able to get the bottom cam bar/lever out. that seems to be the bearing with the most slop in it. what do you guys think?

Disassembly should be pretty straightforward. The shaft that the handle mounts to has caged roller bearings that can be replaced but that's probably not necessary. The centerweight has bearings around the perimeter, but those won't show any wear. Just disassemble, clean, lube, and reassemble. I replace all the springs and plastic parts. Also the ratchet cam in the back and other stuff as necessary. Went through two machines in the past 6 months and parts costs was about 200 or so for each unit.

• 3 weeks later...
Pull the main shaft every 20k or so and lube it with some some motor oil and that will go a long way. Keep air handy and keep the shell plate clean as well. It makes a big difference.

Lube the main shaft with motor oil where exactly? The bearings on the outside use grease. Are you talking about the middle if the main shaft that drives the head up/down? Any specific weight of motor oil?

Thanks,

Pull the main shaft every 20k or so and lube it with some some motor oil and that will go a long way. Keep air handy and keep the shell plate clean as well. It makes a big difference.

Lube the main shaft with motor oil where exactly? The bearings on the outside use grease. Are you talking about the middle if the main shaft that drives the head up/down? Any specific weight of motor oil?

Thanks,

1050 Manual page page 21 - 30 weight.

cleaned it up more today and picked up one of those bearings so you can really tighten down the shell plate lock ring... WOW what a difference!! soooooo smooth, no wiggle, nothing and i also put some molly lube on the shell plate bearing and main shaft, much better. can't wait to start cranking some ammo out of this sunday.