Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleats

kita

I love the SS3 but they do wear out quick. In 2 seasons I had burned through 3 pair of SS3's. The rubber, albeit sticky and comfy, just wears too fast. The Innov8 mudclaws are the current treads and I love them. 2 seasons on the same pair. If the SS3's had longer lasting rubber they would be my first choice but as it is the innov8's are where it's at for me.

Mine live in the trunk of the car. I only wear them at the range. I haven't noticed them wearing down but I've only just had them for about a full season. Hopefully they last for me because they were hella expensive in my size. This is my first pair. I'm using the Speedcross 3 CS (the gortex ones).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speedcross shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I love the quick pull string too. Although I still have decent tread left I paid too much for how quickly they are wearing down, I will not be getting another pair.

Im trying out some mid height football cleats this weekend. The Nike Land Sharks or Super Bads have a smaller cleat pattern/height. I hope these are better for when I am standing on a fault line or any smooth platform. Sold hard cleat spikes will slide along the smooth surface. Also I dont want anything too aggressive because I could see that causing me to fall if a foot gets stuck.

Yep, my SC3s are wearing very badly as well.

I love the shoes for their comfort and grip, I really do, but the tread has worn quicker than any shoe I've ever owned. The foam around the heel is also showing signs of wear. Also, the outsole rubber has peeled away from the sole slightly in two places (had to super glue it).

Ive had the shoes less than 6 months, put them on when I get to a match, take them off when I leave.

I'm a big guy, but move pretty quickly, so I'm admittedly hard on shoes.... but they should hold up better than they have.

My prediction is that the Solomon Fellraiser (new this month) will start becoming a very popular USPSA shoe.

The outsole looks a little burlier to me, and it has less heel drop.

http://www.runningthecascades.com/2013/07/salomon-fellraisers-arrive.html

My prediction is that the Solomon Fellraiser (new this month) will start becoming a very popular USPSA shoe.

The outsole looks a little burlier to me, and it has less heel drop.

http://www.runningthecascades.com/2013/07/salomon-fellraisers-arrive.html

Got a pair the other day. Only worn in one match so far, but I'd say they're a step up from the SC3s. Wider toe box, sturdier material on the shoe itself. I expect the sole will wear just as quick, but that's ok, I've been wanting to try the mudclaws also.

The Fellraiser looks promising. Strongly prefer little/no heel drop for all my shoes not just shooting matches, your preference may be different, all depends on your walking & running motion. If you can get away with 1/4" tread the Adidas Thrasher 2 is great but no-go for deep mud.

Using these now, my opinion the ultimate for shooting on the move - same 1/2" cleat depth as Nike Land Sharks but with as soft/round a "give" in the heel as any pair of shoes - cleated or otherwise - I've ever put on, cheap but have to wait for them to ship from Europe -

http://www.amazon.com/More-Mile-Cheviot-Black-Running/dp/B00CBUKSJU

post-354-0-13628700-1376757516_thumb.jpg

Edited by eric nielsen

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of the SC3s a couple of months ago, and I really thought they were the perfect USPSA shoe.

However, after only a handful of matches, they are wearing BADLY. I'm a big guy (6'5" & 265lb) and harder on shoes than most people, but at this rate, I'll need to buy a new pair a couple of times a season!

The soft rubber really grips most surfaces well... but wears to quickly for me. I'd say after another 4-6 matches, I wont have enough tread left on the balls of my feet to give me the grip I need.

That being said, they are so comfortable and grippy when new that I might buy another pair.

Does anyone have the "S Lab" version? Wondering if the rubber compound on the sole might be different?

I have worn a pair of the S-Lab Fellcross shoes for the last season. They have been phenomenal and very grippy on all surfaces. My only complaint is similar to SSanders 224. The tread has worn out pretty much over a season and a 1/2 and I noticed this past weekend at the Utah State match that I slipped @ 5 or 6 times which hadn't happened before. I will probably try a pair of the new Fellcross 2's that just came out. Supposed to have a new and improved tread though the $200 price tag is a little scary :)

I wear some UA cleats now (can't remember model). They leave my feet & knees hurting by the end of a match. Of course, it doesn't help that I had both ACL's rebuilt 25 years ago and my Orthopedic Doc described my knees last week with "Damn! Your knees are just shot." LOL.

Anyway, found a good deal on a pair of Fellraisers in my ski size (14) and they're inbound now. Can't wait to try 'em out.

I bought a pair of Speed Cross 3's this spring. Gawd, what a comfortable wear! But, like many others, I am going to wear them out in one summer.

I am now looking at the INOV8 Bare-grip 200. The thing is, I do not want a pair of shoes that feel like athletic cleats. Been there, done that :angry2:

If anyone has tried the Bare-grip 200 please, chime it.

Does anyone manufactures cleats on WIDE ... seems that all are Medium ,, my Salomons after a full day of shooting kill my feet!!

This is why I can't where them either. I would love to try them since everybody seems to like them so much. I had to get Adidas corner blitz soccer cleats because they come in wide widths. They are very comfortable and light for a true cleat. I wear them all day and can't tell they are cleats.

+1 for Inov8's, I tried them and the ss3's on back to back and the Inov8's have way more grip and I thought were a lot more comfortable. I've been working on my posture and the reduced pitch of the inov8's seems to help me get into better posture shooting positions more naturally. They are as good on wet grass as a cleat but also give you excellent grip on hard surfaces too. I'm definitely sold on them.

• 1 month later...

My 2 cents...Ordered the Solomon S-Lab Fellcross 2 and Solomon Speedcross 3CS to compare. Have been wearing the Speedcross 3 and have been satisfied, Sending the Fellcross pair back. Considerably narrower than the Speedcross. Interested to see how the CS version of the Speedcross really keeps the moisture out.

I just got a pair of Speedcross 3s. So far they are very comfortable and extremely happy with the traction. I put them on at the range and take them off before I leave. Another shooter told me not to wear them anywhere other than the range because of the wear it would put on them.