Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleats

kita

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wore my SS3 for the first time at a local match last Sunday, very happy so far. They are light, comfortable, and very grippy. My only concern is wear life seeing how soft the soles are. On my squad there was one other shooter wearing a pair for the first time and another guy just breaking in his second pair. No one had any complaints.

Wore my Solomon SC3's for the first time (other than practice) at the Ohio Sectional, an all-day match. Was suprised to find how comfortable they were and how good my feet felt after the match.

BC

We need a thread like this every so often to see who's sponsors/affiliations have changed. :unsure:

My sponsor has always been the same.... My VISA card!!! (although I do put the hotel bills on AmEx...)

:roflol:

BC

This thread was huge to me. I have been trying to find the right shoe for a very long time, and I had never even heard of the SS3. Needless to say I just got my Solomon Speedcross 3s this week, and they work and feel fantastic. I didn't realize how important a great shoe can give you that secure feeling when your running and stopping quickly during a stage. Thankyou everyone for putting me in these shoes, and my feet thankyou too.

I have 5 matches on my SS3's. The first match I thought I made a mistake because my heels hurt all match. I tried them again and had no pain at all. Maybe my feet needed to get use to them or they needed broken in. I wore them last Sunday at the Ohio State Match for 10 hours straight and loved them! Light, cool, and soft on the feet. Glad I didn't give up on them after the first match!

I see tons of votes for the SS3's, but has anyone tried the Spikecross 3's? One review I found elsewhere said the lugs are slightly harder rubber (possibly a plus if the SS3's wear a bit quickly. It looks like the small metal studs might provide good grip on slippery wood surfaces.

Also wondering about the "CS" version of the SS3s (all of the Spikecross are CS)... they are supposedly waterproof/waterresistant, but I'm wondering if they're significantly less breathable.

I love the SS3 but they do wear out quick. In 2 seasons I had burned through 3 pair of SS3's. The rubber, albeit sticky and comfy, just wears too fast. The Innov8 mudclaws are the current treads and I love them. 2 seasons on the same pair. If the SS3's had longer lasting rubber they would be my first choice but as it is the innov8's are where it's at for me.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Great input in recent days. Just bought this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008B19T0W/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CQUG5E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will see how each one works out. Way too much internet research, if this doesn't work i shall drink the Speedcross Kool Aid.

We need a thread like this every so often to see who's sponsors/affiliations have changed. :unsure:

I love when a mod jumps in and makes a post that adds nothing to the thread. Isn't your job to make sure the threads stays on track, and not try and start something where there isn't anything?

And I'm sure my post will get deleted........because I'm the trouble maker.......go figure :)

Edited by jrbet83

I love when a mod jumps in and makes a post that adds nothing to the thread. Isn't your job to make sure the threads stays on track, and not try and start something where there isn't anything?

And I'm sure my post will get deleted........because I'm the trouble maker.......go figure :)

I wasn't moderating. I was sharing my thoughts. I do that from time to time. Go figure.

PM me, I'd be happy to share some more.

I wasn't moderating. I was sharing my thoughts. I do that from time to time. Go figure.

PM me, I'd be happy to share some more.

No that actually makes perfect sense, since thought sharing is what makes an open forum.... An open forum right? Allowing legit and valid topics to be discussed, or as you so greatly put it "share thoughts". Like when you allowed others to share their thoughts on how the FNS 9 got on the production list, or how the Sig SRT is production legal, or how the board of directors voted to modify scores after the one hour arbitration period was over, or any of the mean other topics and posts you've deleted or locked.

• 2 months later...

How do the Speedcross cleats hold up? Do they wear quickly?

Super comfy shoes but mine are wearing fast. Only wear them at the range on the soft dirt surface.

Same here. I love them, but they wear way too quickly. I only use mine fro USPSA and after 9 months, they are pretty much shot.