Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleats

kita

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kita, I've worn soccer shoes since I started competition shooting. Should be easy to find a female version. If you are ok with the big lug football cleats I would go with a conventional soccer shoe. If you find that the big cleats bother your feet on the hard ground I would suggest a 'turf type' soccer shoe, which I prefer. Not as good in the mud as the bigger lugs but seem to be a good compromise for me.

Enjoy

Marty

A-7424

Edited by martyg00

The wife's been wearing these for a while now. Just got her a new pair last week for the new season.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13321167&lmdn=Type&cp=4406646.4413887.19992456.13158288

Nice looking shoe!

I've been wearing the men's version for years. Feels like a sneaker, works like a turf cleat on roids. Insane grip on most surfaces and conditions I've shot in.

I shot teh Alabama Sectiona lyetserday and wore my brand new Salomon Speedcross 3's for the first time. I've tried cleats, cross trainers, tactical shoes/boots ande a bunch of other stuff, and these were the most comfortable shoes to wear all-day tha I have tried. They are worth the money, even if the only ones in my size were black and lime green.

The wife's been wearing these for a while now. Just got her a new pair last week for the new season.

http://www.dicksspor...13887.19992456.13158288

Nice looking shoe!

I've been wearing the men's version for years. Feels like a sneaker, works like a turf cleat on roids. Insane grip on most surfaces and conditions I've shot in.

Whats the mens version number Thank You

• 1 month later...

Any idea which true cleats (not trail runners) are ventilated? Summer in FL is not the place to wrap up your feet in plastic and rubber. Guessing that the Inov-8 Mudclaws are cooler than the Nike Landsharks I use now (on any type of gravel, sand, or mud).

Not interested in the Salomon Speedcross - they look pretty good for most shooters but I'm 6'1" and don't want any heel drop at all.

Quick tip: If you're heading to the car-wash after a dusty day at the range, don't take off your shooting shoes, water-blast them before you even unlace them. Takes a lot less time to dry out than if you hose down the whole shoe inside & out.

Don't know why you don't like the Solomon Speedcross but everybody is different. I am 6' 2" and wear Speedcross 3s. To me they are the most comfortable cleated shoes I have worn shooting. They are good on hard ground, soft sand and they worked good in the mud at Area 6. I can wear them all day and my feet never bother me like they did with other brands primarily due to their excellent support.

Don't know why you don't like the Solomon Speedcross but everybody is different. I am 6' 2" and wear Speedcross 3s. To me they are the most comfortable cleated shoes I have worn shooting. They are good on hard ground, soft sand and they worked good in the mud at Area 6. I can wear them all day and my feet never bother me like they did with other brands primarily due to their excellent support.

Edited by Shadyscott999

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to try SC3 and I just completed Area 1 including the vets clinic. I was on them almost all day on Thursday and used them for the match on Friday-Sunday. There was absolutely no discomfort and zero footing issues where I saw quite a few folks do a little slipping and sliding on the fine powder over a hard desert floor. There was a stage that required a charge up wood steps to a port for the finish and again, I felt no footing uncertainty there either. They are so light it is like running barefoot. I am totally happy.

Later,

Chuck

PA: Like Jax, I am not sure what height has to do with these shoes but I am 6'4" and they work just fine!

I am not >6ft. I run and bike a lot. I am used to very good running shoes.

The SC3 are the most comfortable for wearing all day long with no foot fatigue. I also used them at RM3G. They worked great for me.

Hello: The Salomon Speedcross 3's are the way to go. I have told lots of people about them and they all love them after buying them. I have converted 4 people to them after they were using the mudclaws. The mudclaws work for a match or two then they were hurting their feet. One of the guys bought the Salomon's and tried them on then wore them in a match here. He loves them and he is 6' 4" tall. I am under 6" with size 9 1/2 feet and love both pairs of the ones I have. Thinking of getting the blue ones next. Thanks, Eric

After reading this thread and needing new cleats for the upcoming season, I was hesitant to order shoes online. The next best thing would be to find them locally and maybe pay a little more for them, but the closest store that had the SC3's in stock was over 1,000 miles away. :angry2:

To determine the correct size for an online order, find a local retailer and try on a set of shoes from the same manufacturer, Solomon. There was a retail store down the street from my office. Their conversion chart indicated a size 10 1/2. When trying those on, they were too small, but the 11's were fantastic.

Ordered them online and found a discount code that gave an additional 10% off and they arrived two days later.

WOW!!!! The Solomon SC3 are very comfortable. So comfortable that other "regular" running shoes are being considered for everyday wear.

Thanks to all that suggested the SC3 and provided the link to the Running Warehouse (link) They have a 10% discount (25% on certain Nike products) running for the month of May if you enter the code runblog10 when placing your online order.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

I bought a pair of the SC3s a couple of months ago, and I really thought they were the perfect USPSA shoe.

However, after only a handful of matches, they are wearing BADLY. I'm a big guy (6'5" & 265lb) and harder on shoes than most people, but at this rate, I'll need to buy a new pair a couple of times a season!

The soft rubber really grips most surfaces well... but wears to quickly for me. I'd say after another 4-6 matches, I wont have enough tread left on the balls of my feet to give me the grip I need.

That being said, they are so comfortable and grippy when new that I might buy another pair.

Does anyone have the "S Lab" version? Wondering if the rubber compound on the sole might be different?

I have a pair of new balance 1010's that I really like. They have worked great in everything I have tried them on. I did just pick up a set of Adidas soccer cleats to carry with me when it is really muddy and nasty though. The 1010's have really good grip in the mud but with all the mesh on them your feet get soaked pretty quickly an I'm hoping the cleats will be better.

Tried a pair of the speedcross and fellcross. Both were to narrow for my wide feet. Wish they made them in wide sizes. The fellcross were awesome, just to narrow.