Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleats

kita

So...I have men's footbal cleats in a size 6. They aren't made for a woman's feet, but it's all I could find. Anyone know where I can get shoes for shooting production that are actually made for women? Without being hot pink or some crap like that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of the locals have gone to the SS3's but I need wide shoes and on't come up with any results for that combination. I use the adidas soccer cleats because they come in wide widths.

To be honest though a good pair of trail shoes are just fine for this game. My Merrell's are great but just a little heavier than my cleats.

I have these. http://www.inov-8.co...Black.html?L=27

I don't know if they're necessarily for men or women, but plenty of female shooters wear them too.

I have these as well and couldn't be more happy with them. I know Athena wears them but I imagine she isn't the only woman that does.

eta: those are a new model. you might be able to find the older ones (mudclaw 272) on sale. those are the ones i have. not the 265s.

Edited by spanky

Football cleats are great to keep you from sliding on wet grass, mud and loose gravel. Not so great for hard surfaces such as wood, especially wet wood. OK, I know that sounds bad, but you know what I mean.

Wet wood? :surprise: OK, sorry.I won't go there.

You are right, football cleats are not good for hard surfaces. However, something like the Adidas Turf Hogs, which are more of an aggressive turf shoe work really well. They are aggressive enough for wet grass and mud, but soft enough for hard surfaces like wet wood. :goof:

I have some of the Salomon Speedcross 3s. They are nice. One thing I do like is that the "cleats" are rubber and they grip fairly well compared to the hard plastic type cleats. I'd imagine the Mudclaws are very similar.

Hello: I have used all types of different shoes and the best I have used are the Salomon Speedcross 3's. They are very comfortable for all day use and grip very well on wet surfaces. As for socks I do use Smartwool socks and some cotton socks. Blend polyester socks bother my feet. Thanks, Eric

I've ran several of the inov-8 mudclaws and love them, it's not a true cleat but they're very grippy on all surfaces and they're lightweight. I wear smart wool only now as well, great socks.