Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 US IPSC Nationals

The 2013 US IPSC Nationals will be held again at Universal Shooting Academy home of WS XVII.

Pre Match - October 8 and 9

Main Match - October 10, 11, and 12

Shoot Off and Awards - October 13

Match fee - $250US

Registration will open on April 1 using Match Sign Up

Keep an eye on our new website: http://www.universal...ipsc-nationals/

Letters to the RD's will be going out this week

Match has been submitted to IPSC for approval and confirmed. It should be listed on IPSC's website in the next couple days.

It was brought to my attention Front Sight published the wrong dates for the match. They posted some September dates. Those are not correct.

Correct dates are those posted here, on the match website, and in the match advertisement in Front Sight.

• 4 weeks later...

Registration is OPEN!! If you are getting a slot through your RD you will receive a personal email from me. If not you (or anyone) can use the open registration at the below link. We use the Google Checkout system for payment which sometimes has trouble with international credit cards. You can contact me through our match website to arrange other payment, via phone or wire transfer.

Registration Page

Match Web Page

• 1 month later...

Here's a newb question. Since I have never been to an IPSC nationals before, what exactly happens on the "pre match" days? Just trying to figure out when I'm going to fly out there, take vacation days etc..

Thanks.

$1 admission fee for spectators? Is that just a joke to see who is reading the page?

:) Not really a joke as some weird insurance regulation requires that we charge something! Not sure how or why it works that way, just doing what they say. I'll cover your admission if you'd like to watch. :cheers:

Here's a newb question. Since I have never been to an IPSC nationals before, what exactly happens on the "pre match" days? Just trying to figure out when I'm going to fly out there, take vacation days etc..

Thanks.

Steven,

The Pre-Match is for staff and sponsors and a select few "regular" competitors to shoot the match. It is the normal match on the same stages and is shot for score. Just like an "RO" or "Staff" day at a USPSA match. IPSC just calles it the Pre-Match.

If you're in the "Main Match" you will shoot on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Awards and shoot-offs on Sunday.

Shannon

Shannon, thanks but if I'm watching it will be from the drivers seat of my 1911. I had never seen that from any match before, so I was just wondering. My calendar for the next school was just posted and I happen to have that friday off and Thursday is a workday. I might be able to make it this year.

Thanks.

Steven,

The Pre-Match is for staff and sponsors and a select few "regular" competitors to shoot the match. It is the normal match on the same stages and is shot for score. Just like an "RO" or "Staff" day at a USPSA match. IPSC just calles it the Pre-Match.

If you're in the "Main Match" you will shoot on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Awards and shoot-offs on Sunday.

Shannon

Hahaha, I should have known (duh)... thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

I was glad to read i had been put on the list to join the staff for this US IPSC Nationals.

It will be my first IPSC handgun match to work in the USA and i am looking forward to

see a lot familiar and new friendly faces.

Greetings

Adrie

Shannon, thanks but if I'm watching it will be from the drivers seat of my 1911. I had never seen that from any match before, so I was just wondering. My calendar for the next school was just posted and I happen to have that friday off and Thursday is a workday. I might be able to make it this year.

I'll be there (Squad 13).

Just make sure you put that 1911 of yours on a diet. Remember that it should be a skinny gun.

Edited by Big Guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello shooters!

Thank you for again supporting the US IPSC Nationals at Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof, Florida, USA. Home of World Shoot XVII.
This Sunday is the FINAL DAY to pre-order match t-shirts. We have a long sleeve version as well as a nice athletic fit short sleeve available. Please to go this link: http://www.matchsignup.org/club/usashooting/store.php to place your pre-order. There will be some available for purchase at the match but not many. If you would like a shirt I suggest you pre-purchase for pick up at the match.
Stages are off to IPSC for final approval and will post to the match website starting late next week.
Please monitor our website page for the US IPSC Nationals for information. I will be starting many updates and feeds there to keep everyone informed. You can find the match webpage here: http://www.universalshootingacademy.com/matches/us-ipsc-nationals/
You can also follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UniversalShootingAcademy
And Twitter: @Universal_SA
Reminder: The last day to withdraw with refund is October 1. Match fee is forfeited after that time.

• 2 weeks later...