Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

+5 and +6 Benelli mag tube extensions nonexistent

thegunnerd

Hi Guys,

I'm shocked , there are zero mag tubes available anywhere . Briley , nordic, nothing ! Anyone have any leads ? I got this brand spanking new benelli m2 and it's only got a sad 3 round cap. Heck i can't even find those nordic components separately .

No 3 gun any time soon........

I have to replace 2 Nordic + 5 tubes from my girlfriend's & my Benellis because of the NY Safe Act. I'll probably do that in the next week or so. So I'll have 2 to sell. Make me an offer on these rare & priceless 3 gun accessories! (Have to switch over to +4 so only 7 rounds will be in the tube)

Unfortunately the ones on the nordic shop are for the super nova, i had contacted them about availability and they said that i had to just keep watching for when they updated that pull down list.

Hi Benny, just curious about wether to add a +5 or a +6 to my gun. It's a 21" . I'm hoping to start shooting more 3 gun matches and i'm trying to figure out which one to go with. I know a lot of matches you can have 8+1 in the gun and some people prefer the +6 to get a real quick load one right away . Do you find that to be the case or are the +5 good enough? Also, are there end caps you can get to make your +5 a +6 and visa versa? I'm fairly new to 3 gun so i'm not privy to all the ins and outs. Oh and do you find that the newer MXT tubes perform better then the original?

ps. Benny, i can't see your name come up on this forum without yackity sax playing in my head

Edited by thegunnerd

I have to replace 2 Nordic + 5 tubes from my girlfriend's & my Benellis because of the NY Safe Act. I'll probably do that in the next week or so. So I'll have 2 to sell. Make me an offer on these rare & priceless 3 gun accessories! (Have to switch over to +4 so only 7 rounds will be in the tube)

Don't go selling just yet , the safe act has been temporarily put on hold by the NY legislature to figure out its constitutionality . I feel for you man, i grew up in NY and right about now i'm very happy i'm not there .

Out of curiosity are they the MXT version or the original?

thanks

Aaron

The +5 fits flush with the barrel but dont let that stop you from running a longer tube. I use a +7 on my versamax, although all we have in stock at the moment are the +5.

Thanks for the heads up dHill .

TJ, how did you order it ? I've been trolling their sight looking for tubes for m2's and they haven't been in the drop down, let alone a +8. Am i missing something ?

They are the most popular sizes it makes sense they are the hardest to find.

I'd run a plus 6 if I were you. A lot of times if match directors want to be tricky they don't set up shotgun targets in strings of 8 so that extra one can help to make your load plans work. Also I'd rather the mag tube take the hit of a dump barrel than the threaded end of my barrel. More than plus 6 though you loose the compactness of you shotgun (I personally think the super long tube trend is stupid)

So shooters source had the +6 but i had to assemble it piece by piece. Luckily i already have the low drag follower so for an extra 20 bones or so , it seems like i'll be able to put a +6 MXT extension together and get it to me fairly soon. Hopefully i won't get an email saying that something isn't available.