Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cajun gun works trigger pin

billdozer

I put a Cajun gun works trigger pin in my ts, it didn't come with instructions, so I just put it in. But it walks out now. Did I miss something or am I just supposed to peen the edge of the hole to retain it?

Does not really work well on the TS .It doesn't retain the same way it does on the 75/SP01 series guns where the spring puts tension on the pin to keep it from moving.

Edited by eerw

it should be production legal. it doesn't change the external appearance any (or offer any performance advantage).

the benefit is that it makes it a LOT easier to change out a trigger return spring. I haven't broken one, but some people report they (along with slide stops) are a fatigue-item that may fail after tens of thousands of rounds, so some folks just replace them every year.

the stock trigger pin is staked in place, and is a bizatch to get out, and then a bizatch to get back in, and then if you don't stake it again, it may (will?) fall out at an inconvenient time.

it should be production legal. it doesn't change the external appearance any (or offer any performance advantage).

the benefit is that it makes it a LOT easier to change out a trigger return spring. I haven't broken one, but some people report they (along with slide stops) are a fatigue-item that may fail after tens of thousands of rounds, so some folks just replace them every year.

the stock trigger pin is staked in place, and is a bizatch to get out, and then a bizatch to get back in, and then if you don't stake it again, it may (will?) fall out at an inconvenient time.

Yeah, I currently have the CGW trigger pin because I broke the original trigger return spring after a month or 2 of dryfire.

Billdozer,

My trigger pin relies on the trigger return spring to keep the pin in place. The TS, IIRC, has a different trigger return spring. To answer your question, the first trigger pins were made from 1214SS and heat treated. The newest trigger pins are made from 0-1 tool steel and subsequently heat treated; they are 3X stronger than the 1214SS pins.

The ends of the newer 0-1 tool steel trigger pins are radiused, whereas the 1214SS pins had a .005" bevel; the radiused pins are easier to install. If you are having problems, please contact me personally by calling me at 318-372-9050, or using my e-mail: cajungunworks@gmail.com

David's trigger pin is a god send. I have installed a few inShadows here and never had any issues. I wish CZC would make his pin a standard component. It's much more economical than the $10 CZ pin that gets destroyed when you bang it out to replace a broken TRS. It's also great for those of us that detail strip our pistols.

I was shooting a steel match in Tangi a few months ago when I broke my TRS after about 10k rounds and twice as much dry fire. Made swapping springs a very quick and painless job.