Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please Give Me Some Tips to Improve

imhntn

I just got bumped to B class last month and would like to make A by the end of this season. This is a stage from the OKC Gun Club monthly match yesterday. Give me some tips to improve please.

Start working on your transitions and splits using drills that are all over this forum. Those targets were all extremely close and can be engaged a lot smoother.

The setup on the first port, I would have set initially to to left so the transition to the right target would have been easier without the movement to get in position.

Looks like you just need a little more confidence in your sight picture to trust what you see and not second guess it.

Brian

Get your finger out of the trigger guard when running with the gun. Look about 13 seconds in. Hard to tell from that angle but your finger looks to be in there. It is for sure bent and pretty close.

Dry fire on your draw, it looks to be 2 seconds + to your first shot.

You can engage some of those open targets before you stop when getting into postion.

I would bet money you don't do much if any dry fire drills.

I have been dry firing but not using the par timer very often. I will work on that and look for some drills on transitions and splits. Thanks for noticing the finger in the trigger. I will watch out for that.