Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger 22/45 Lite vs Pac-Lite Barrel?

blind bat

I've got a C-More STS sitting on the shelf and I'm thinking about building a Steel Challenge rim fire open gun to mount it on. (Isn't that usually the way builds start?) I'm trying to decide if I should buy a TacSol Pac-Lite barrel or an entire Ruger 22/45 Lite.

Can anyone compare the Ruger 22/45 Lite to the Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite barrel? Is TacSol making the barrels for the 22/45 Lite or did Ruger lovingly copy the design? If the later, how does the accuracy of the two barrels compare?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't own a Ruger Lite but I do own a Ruger 22/45 with a Tac Sol upper. I do not believe Tac Sol is making the upper for Ruger, I have no inside info but from everyone I have spoken to about it the consensus is its all Ruger. I personally would buy the Tac Sol again and not the Lite. Can't stand the loaded chamber indicator and really hated cleaning it. The lite is way cheaper though so im sure they will sell very well. Sorry im not anymore help.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 22/45 bull barrel, 5.5" and a tacsol lite on a regular MK III frame, I have modified 3 22/45 lites for friends and would have no problem buying one for steel challenge. The LCI can be replaced with a blank filler piece you can find on Rimfire Central( MKIII Forum) cheap and the install is simple. You can get a good trigger on the gun but it will cost you about 180 in parts made by Volquatsen that you can get from Rimfire sports. if you need help email me. The modification isn't that hard and it will give you a good trigger and remove the mag disconnect so the mags drop free.