Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P9 with Surefire x300 Ultra

Williamb

I just received the x300 today. I changed the the light's rail engagement to picatiny and the light will not seat far enough toward the trigger guard to have the cross piece seat into the rail. Has anyone else had this problem. As a result of this the pistol and light combination will not fully engage. Also as a result pistol will not lock into my Safariland 6378. The light does come with another tailpiece but there are no instructions on when to use this , etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

I just took it out of the box and slipped it on to the rail. It was snug and I had to jimmy it slightly, back and forth for the rail to finally click into the last slot.

I would have taken a few swipes with some sandpaper on the front of the trigger guard if it didn't. Hope that helps.

Thanks. What I did was to follow the advice I read on M4Carbine. " There also is a a back piece of plastic that buts up against the trigger guard that can be removed (in between the toggle switch), there are little retaining pins that can be pushed in and the little piece will come out. There is still a small offset lip at the top but it opens up a cavity that gives it more space between the light and trigger guard and did not compromise the tightness and still locks firmly for me but with out the need to push as hard on the bezel to get it to lock in to place."

Here is a link with pictures - very helpful and fits perfectly - I used a punch and it took a couple of minutes at most.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82067

I just received the x300 today. I changed the the light's rail engagement to picatiny and the light will not seat far enough toward the trigger guard to have the cross piece seat into the rail. Has anyone else had this problem. As a result of this the pistol and light combination will not fully engage. Also as a result pistol will not lock into my Safariland 6378. The light does come with another tailpiece but there are no instructions on when to use this , etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

u get 2 slim wafers marked u or p use the "u" wafer on the light works on mine. i am also a surefire dealer and i sell ton of these. and its always confusing. trial and error was how i learned. some guns will need a different wafer

good luck

jjw

Edited by jjw