Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic ear plugs

flack jacket

Morning Shooters.

A friend of mine got back from SHOT and shared some new electronic ears he picked up.

I've been shopping around and technology is amazing and not cheap.

A few of the guys at the range have used;

ESP

Sport Ear

Any feed back or suggestions on electronic ears?

I'm eyeing these:

http://www.etymotic.com/hp/gsp15.html

http://www.soundgearhearing.com/products/hearing-protection-for-hunters-shooters

Price Ranges:

$400-$600

Thanks!

The gunsport Gsp15 from etymotic will disappoint you greatly. Bought those and returned them right away. If you want in-ear electronic seriously consider brad at hear- pro ( I believe a sponsor here). Better than double plugging.

The gunsport Gsp15 from etymotic will disappoint you greatly. Bought those and returned them right away. If you want in-ear electronic seriously consider brad at hear- pro ( I believe a sponsor here). Better than double plugging.

Anthem,

That's what I'm looking for! Care to elaborate?

Compression/clipping not good? Fit?

Thanks!

Anthem,

That's what I'm looking for! Care to elaborate?

Compression/clipping not good? Fit?

Thanks!

Not much to elaborate. They plain suck. .. They are not as good as just the plain pro-ears gold. In a range type of setting, the attempt to cut-off is atrocious. It just doesn't have the ability to cut off loud noises at a decent level. So while it tries to cut the loud shots off - it sounds like large distorted splats(audio clipping) that its trying to muffle out, which it fails to do adequately. .

You are better off with over ear muffs than the gsp15's. i can't say enough bad things about them - seriously.