Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag tubes tight

roklock

Hello,

I recently got some P-16 mags (made in Canada) and two out of the five are causing my trigger to bind. When I run them up real slow I can feel them binding.

Has anybody run into this before? Is the fix as simple as squeezing the tube or filing some metal off the tube?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Take slide off and see if the trigger bow is out past the grove for it in frame. also put some dykem or magic marker on the tube and slide it in and out a few times to see where it is rubbing. also check the mag release and see if that is rubbing.

Take slide off and see if the trigger bow is out past the grove for it in frame. also put some dykem or magic marker on the tube and slide it in and out a few times to see where it is rubbing. also check the mag release and see if that is rubbing.

Thanks, I will do a double check. But why do my other 6 mags work great?

Do you have the factory trigger still in the gun? The mag hanging up could be out of spec,take measurements and compare to your other mag tubes. You could squeeze the tube but you could damage it. Also you can reshape the trigger bow or stone the trigger track in the frame. I had a P-14 and when the mags were fully loaded the trigger wouldn't reset,but when the mags were empty the trigger reset fine. I stoned the trigger track inside the frame and polished the trigger bow and never had anymore problems.