Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I just put in an order for a 650 in 45acp and a 40 conversion, pick up tubes, low powder sensor, powder check, tool kit, strong mount, primer flip tray and bullet tray at Gunstop.com. I called before hand and he comfirmed he had all actually in stock. They were very professional and fast. Now I gotta find dies and get me a tumbler and seperator.

I've been running Dillon's CV-750 Vibratory Case Cleaner for many years.

Reciently ordered and started using Dillon's CM-2000 Case/Media Separator.

Both work excellent.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the CM-2000 Case/Media Separator sooner.

A few turns in each direction and all the media is gone. Inside and out.

While your at it contact Dillon and ask for the alignment kit for the 650. You will end up needing anyway someday, perhaps sooner than later, depending.

. Out of the box that 650 should be fine but

all 650 users need that alignment kit. They send it out on request.

I dunno why they don't just ship it with the press.

I switched to stainless steel pin media and liquid tumbling using one of those Thumblers. Dish soap and Lemishine. Dash of each with water.

Still keep the vibratory around for other reasons but I never got brass as clean that way as with the stainless steel pins/rods and tumbling.

Enjoy your 650!

Got my email today. The press and associated accessories that i ordered will shop monday UPS and i should have it hopefully by thursday or friday. I may not set it up until sunday cause im going to the Texas Open to watch and try to pick up some pointers before I go to Corpus the next weekend.

While your at it contact Dillon and ask for the alignment kit for the 650. You will end up needing anyway someday, perhaps sooner than later, depending.

. Out of the box that 650 should be fine but

all 650 users need that alignment kit. They send it out on request.

I dunno why they don't just ship it with the press.

I switched to stainless steel pin media and liquid tumbling using one of those Thumblers. Dish soap and Lemishine. Dash of each with water.

Still keep the vibratory around for other reasons but I never got brass as clean that way as with the stainless steel pins/rods and tumbling.

Enjoy your 650!

What does the allignment kit allign exactly? And is this something they have on the website or do i specifically have to call and ask for it?

Got my email today. The press and associated accessories that i ordered will shop monday UPS and i should have it hopefully by thursday or friday. I may not set it up until sunday cause im going to the Texas Open to watch and try to pick up some pointers before I go to Corpus the next weekend.

I saw your press yesterday. I should have written you a note on the box. ;)

I guess youre the one i talked to when i made sure you had everything in stock? If so thanks a whole lot for your patience and your help.

Edited by WidowsSon683

No. I was the guy that ran to the GunStop and bought the other xl650 they had in stock after seeing your post!

I guess youre the one i talked to when i made sure you had everything in stock? If so thanks a whole lot for your patience and your help.

The alignment kit I got from them back in the 90's is basically a steel pin that fits snugly inside the powder drop die. It is meant

to index into the depriming hole in the main plate that is attached to the press ram.

Basic how to: and this is from memory which is faulty so I may miss something critical.

Remove the indexing plate.

Remove sizing die from station one. Install powder drop die in that station. Screw it in pretty far. I removed the nut on mine so I could go way deep.

Loosen the two allen bolts holding the main plate aka platform to the ram (I don't have the manual handy so am misnaming components )

run the ram up and insert the alignment pin into the powder drop die you placed in station one.

The index pin has a shoulder that will fit snugly inside the deprime hole. The depriming hole in that main plate is then the point of index.

IT is at that point you discover you need a special tool to properly snug the two platform bolts. It is then you curse someone you probably

do not know.

You then go find a spare allen wrench to sacrafice to the gods of doing. You cut the short L part off by at least 1/2 to 2/3 of the original length.

You then now have a super special Allen wrench that will fit the short overhead distance between the platform and the base of the

die plate. SNug away.

I had to really tweak my platform in order to get the pin to fit into that deprime hole. It was not easy.

I would suggest you get that alignment kit.

As far as I know, that is all the kit is. Just that one pin. I hear there may be another tool used elsewhere but I've not read explicit info on that yet.

Yes, far as I know the only way to get it is just call, write , or drive over to their place and ask. Or find a 650 buddy to borrow one from.

BOttome line. DO NOT mess with that plate assembly unless you have that kit. Never loosen the bolts until you do.

Maybe the new kits they hand out come with the properly modified Allen wrench to make things easier.

Now you know you actually need 3 tools. The alignment pin 'kit', a Allen wrench properly customized to exact tolerances, and a handy dandy spare powder drop die. 3rd item is optional but it makes life easier and may lead to less drinking and fidgeting.

I think I mentioned somewhere after I recently re-aligned my press with that kit, I fixed a primer feeding issue I had been having.

Oh, best way to handle a well hardened non cheap Chinese made Allen wrench surgery? USing a abrasive cut off saw with a Dremel tool which is probably made in China. I suppose a hack saw could be used but that might lead to drinking abuse or worse.