Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a shotgun only match near SW Ohio

This might be a little big for my first shotgun match but I am considering it. I'm familiar with USPSA and IDPA, but never tried 3gun or a shotgun match. But I definetly got the bug. I might need to get some smaller matches under my belt first.

Thanks for the link dcloudy777

If you are looking for 3 Gun. We usually shoot the Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman Association. Last Sunday of the month. Very laid back fun to shoot. Just google the name they have a web site. Great group of guys and always a fun time.

4th Sunday of the month at Briar Rabbit has a two gun match. Start with the shotgun and then finish the stage with your pistol. 6 stages a match and the MD makes it entertaining.

I forgot about Clinton county.

4th Sunday of the month at Briar Rabbit has a two gun match. Start with the shotgun and then finish the stage with your pistol. 6 stages a match and the MD makes it entertaining.

Where is Briar rabbit and what day do they do this match?

I forgot about Clinton county.

Where is Briar rabbit and what day do they do this match?

Briar Rabbit is in Zanesville. The two-gun matches are on the fourth Sunday of the month. They have a couple clay "floppers" , two steel activated clay throwers, and a breech door that they use from time to time. http://briarrabbit.com/

Roy, come with Lon and I to Circleville for the 3gun matches. Start in April, every other month thru the summer. We can loan you a rifle.

I do have a AK, as long as there is no shots over 200 yards I might be able to use it. If Circlevilles 3gun matches are anything like their USPSA matches then I know they're fun.

I've 95% of the 3gun matches at Cville, since they started them. The match has outgrown it's abilities to host as many people that want to shoot. They have a pre-registration now to keep the numbers managable. An IDPA guy started MD'ing, and they had some crazy stuff like 10rds. in mags no matter what division you were shooting, But, it is the best 3gun available in the area. I may try the Clinton Co. and Briar Rabbit matches, time permitting. And the max distance at Cville is 100yds. They usually shoot steel at 100 to keep reset time down, so no steel at all in the ammo. They magnet-check the ammo. I'm interested to see if the round counts are going to be changed due to ammo costs. Recent gunshow had 223 ammo for $1000/1000rds!

The Rockcastle match will be excellent and a great place to wet your feet.

There will be some big dogs but the majority will be "normal" folks. I would not sweat the size of the match. It will be 18 stages of great fun.

I've 95% of the 3gun matches at Cville, since they started them. The match has outgrown it's abilities to host as many people that want to shoot. They have a pre-registration now to keep the numbers managable. An IDPA guy started MD'ing, and they had some crazy stuff like 10rds. in mags no matter what division you were shooting, But, it is the best 3gun available in the area. I may try the Clinton Co. and Briar Rabbit matches, time permitting. And the max distance at Cville is 100yds. They usually shoot steel at 100 to keep reset time down, so no steel at all in the ammo. They magnet-check the ammo. I'm interested to see if the round counts are going to be changed due to ammo costs. Recent gunshow had 223 ammo for $1000/1000rds!

I shot Open in every match last year and the year before and was never limited to 10 rounds in any gun at Circleville. I'm not sure when that rule was in effect but they follow IMG rules now.

Where can I pre-register for 3gun at circleville? Is it on their website?

The number of competitors will be limited to 60.

Match Registration

The first way to ensure that you will have one of the 60 competitors slots is to be one of the first 60 people to pre-register online at http://shootnscoreit.com/. If more than 60 sign up for the match then those above 60 will be wait listed. The second way to ensure that you will have a spot in the match is to assist with match setup on the Saturday afternoon before the Sunday match. The match director has sole discretion as to who has provided enough assistance to gain admission to the match. (Example: The match has 60 preregistered competitors and five wait listed registrants. 2 unregistered people and 1 wait listed registrant assist with Saturday setup. The match now officially has 63 registered competitors and 4 wait listed registrants.)

Match Sign in

Match sign-in will start at 8:15 am. If a wait list has been started for the match, then additional unregistered people may add their names to the wait list at this time on a first come basis. If the match does not have 60 preregistered competitors but reaches the 60 competitor limit due to walk up registrations, a wait list will be started. Match sign-in will end at 9:15 am. If a wait list has been started then those pre-registered competitors who have not signed in and are not in the line by 9:15 am will lose their spot in the match. If spots are now available to be filled, then the wait listed competitors will now be given the option (in order of the wait list) of entering the match until the 60 competitor limit has been reached.

If you come to the match without one of the 60 competitor slots and without assisting with match setup on Saturday, then you do this with the full knowledge that you may not be shooting the match. You do this at your own risk. The match staff and PCSI are in no way responsible for your lost time or travel expenses regardless of distance traveled.

No Shows

If a competitor pre-registers online but later realizes that they cannot shoot the match and does not notify the match director by 9:00 am on match day, then that competitor will be considered a No Show.

No Shows will not be allowed to pre-register for the next match.

The number of competitors will be limited to 60.

Match Registration

The first way to ensure that you will have one of the 60 competitors slots is to be one of the first 60 people to pre-register online at http://shootnscoreit.com/. If more than 60 sign up for the match then those above 60 will be wait listed. The second way to ensure that you will have a spot in the match is to assist with match setup on the Saturday afternoon before the Sunday match. The match director has sole discretion as to who has provided enough assistance to gain admission to the match. (Example: The match has 60 preregistered competitors and five wait listed registrants. 2 unregistered people and 1 wait listed registrant assist with Saturday setup. The match now officially has 63 registered competitors and 4 wait listed registrants.)

Match Sign in

Match sign-in will start at 8:15 am. If a wait list has been started for the match, then additional unregistered people may add their names to the wait list at this time on a first come basis. If the match does not have 60 preregistered competitors but reaches the 60 competitor limit due to walk up registrations, a wait list will be started. Match sign-in will end at 9:15 am. If a wait list has been started then those pre-registered competitors who have not signed in and are not in the line by 9:15 am will lose their spot in the match. If spots are now available to be filled, then the wait listed competitors will now be given the option (in order of the wait list) of entering the match until the 60 competitor limit has been reached.

If you come to the match without one of the 60 competitor slots and without assisting with match setup on Saturday, then you do this with the full knowledge that you may not be shooting the match. You do this at your own risk. The match staff and PCSI are in no way responsible for your lost time or travel expenses regardless of distance traveled.

No Shows

If a competitor pre-registers online but later realizes that they cannot shoot the match and does not notify the match director by 9:00 am on match day, then that competitor will be considered a No Show.

No Shows will not be allowed to pre-register for the next match.

Thanks Chris. I found this also on pcsi website but the link to pre register is broken. I might just call the MD and see if there are any spots available.

It must be my smartphone, it says website not available. I'm definitely going to call the MD as soon as I find out my wife's work schedule.

Thank you everyone for all your help. I'm excited to shoot my first 3G match.

The Rockcastle match will be excellent and a great place to wet your feet.

There will be some big dogs but the majority will be "normal" folks. I would not sweat the size of the match. It will be 18 stages of great fun.

+1

I'm very "normal". The Rock is wonderful place to shoot a little shotgun! Sign up today!

They normally open up registration about a month before the match. I think the first one is mid April. They have an e mail list for notification. You might want to send the MD a note a see if he can add you to the distribution list.

I shot Open in every match last year and the year before and was never limited to 10 rounds in any gun at Circleville. I'm not sure when that rule was in effect but they follow IMG rules now.

You must have missed the one where we were limited to 10 rds. in the pistol mags. There were only 1 or 2 pistol-involved stages that match. One stage, we had to start at the top of the bay, engage targets and retreat all the way to the back of the bay, ground the pistol, and finish with rifle. I asked Mike Craig about the 10rd. He said it was discussed with the MD, and he said he wanted "a level playing field" and that the different divisions did not dissuade him. Might have been that match only that they had the limit.

As I said in my above post, I shoot and wil shoot the Cville matches, just giving my first hand observations. Glad to hear IMG is adhered to now.

Roy, I think the pre-reg opens a certain number of days before the match, you can't register before that. I plan to shoot the April match, not sure about Lon.

If you want the round counts to change, best let the MD's know. I think Kimble loads most of his ammo for the year before he snow-birds it to Florida for the winter. So, he might lag the ammo pinch.

Roy,

Rayner's also does a shotgun side match every other month with their USPSA match. They alternate the side match between shotgun and rifle, from month to month. Plus, they run some .22 rimfire side matches.

Looks like they have shotgun in 10 days. March 17 USPSA Pistol - .22 / Combat Shotgun Side Matches

http://www.raynersra...e/schedule.html

If you want the round counts to change, best let the MD's know. I think Kimble loads most of his ammo for the year before he snow-birds it to Florida for the winter. So, he might lag the ammo pinch.

Flex,

Don't really want to change round count, since we only shoot 4 matches. But, I could see costs keeping participation down. Just an observation. Like the weather, something to talk about, but little to do about. Looking forward to this season! Shoulder surgery sucks!