Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon powder measure + Thumbler B stainless steel media....

Thumler B SS media + Dillon powder measure.... I am getting sharp brass neck that binds into my powder funnel..after a hundred rnds i'm starting to fight the handle going up (shell plate going down)...then I have to polish my powder funnel to remove the brass marks again...Anybody experiencing this?

Edited by fishpinoy27

The stainless steel media cleans too good, It removes all the carbon residue off the brass which acts as a lubricant for the powder funnel. You can tumbler your brass in corncob w/polish for a short time. that will help

What he said, and what Dillon told me.

The stainless steel media cleans too good, It removes all the carbon residue off the brass which acts as a lubricant for the powder funnel. You can tumbler your brass in corncob w/polish for a short time. that will help

Polish the powder drop and be generous with the polishing, if you reduce the diameter slightly it will allow the case to grip the bullet a little tighter - which is an advantage.

thats what I did... but I did not touch the first 1/16th of the funnel..thats the only contact remaining and the rest was generously polished...