Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
tiger49931

A few funny quotes i pick up off the range...

The reason why a 6" inch gun is more accurate than a 5" gun is because with the 6" you are closer to the target.

Every little bit helps, eh?

"I can't hit anything with this lousy gun."
It's not the gun. You can't hit anything with the bullets. :goof:

The reason why a 6" inch gun is more accurate than a 5" gun is because with the 6" you are closer to the target.

Now that sounds like something right out of that thread about gun shop employees!!

"It shoots low and to the left," said every first time Glocks shooter ever.

At last month's indoor bowling pin match I shot the 5 pins in 5-ish seconds but it took 8 shots. After I cleared the gun and cased it the guy timing me says "You sure did miss fast". It got me chuckling.

Overheard at the match... "I never shoot any good at this range, never...". From the peanut gallery comes "So that begs the question, just where do you shoot good?"

BC

At a public range I used to go, every so often the range officer would see someone take a shot (offhand, 15y), diddle with the sights, then take another shot, and resume diddling. He'd offer to examine the gun, ask if he could test fire it, then call (and destroy) a piece of orange clay, 12ga hull, or something on the backstop.

"The sights are fine."

When I am running a match and shooters start asking about obvious safety questions, like asking if they can engage a target from a shooting position that puts them well beyond the 180 I like to respond with ...."Every stage provides an opportunity to make the wrong decision. Make your decisions wisely"

Question: When was the last time you practiced?

Answer: Practice? What's that?

My local range squad has worn that one out :wacko:

Scoring an older gentleman's targets, during a match. The gentleman in question is a very likeable person, very good natured, but some of his ammo seems very, very light. So, scoring a target, I yelled over to him, "Hey (insert shooter name here), how do you think this one should be scored? It's just stuck in the cardboard! "

"Hey, this target has two alpha dents!" :roflol:

Pat

When I am running a match and shooters start asking about obvious safety questions, like asking if they can engage a target from a shooting position that puts them well beyond the 180 I like to respond with ...."Every stage provides an opportunity to make the wrong decision. Make your decisions wisely"

That goes along with what one of the founders of our club tells people when they start asking questions about his stages. He will say "You can do anything that you want to do, you just might have to go home after you do it".

Hurley

Question: When was the last time you practiced?

Answer: Practice? What's that?

My local range squad has worn that one out :wacko:

Isn't that what club matches are for?

At the Alabama Sectional on Saturday I shot one "A" then one no shoot. I knew the shot was bad and immediately followed it up with a second "no shoot" hit. I fired a fourth shot into the "A." I continued and hit one more so shoot. After the RO sounded "range is clear," I asked him for a re-shoot. with a puzzled look on his face he asked the reason. I replied that there were two more no shoot that I forgot to hit. He thought it was pretty funny.

I thought you were going to demand a reshoot or else another hostage gets it.

Didn't personally witness it but I heard there was a match where an RO DQ'ed a shooter and the MD came running up and said, "I'm overturning the DQ because he's a new shooter"! :goof::ph34r:

My favorite is asking a shooter "if you're REALLY finished unload and show clear". That's when the shooter starts looking around for the target they ran past or the steel they left up. After the range is clear the ribbing really starts.

Pat

My favorite is asking a shooter "if you're REALLY finished unload and show clear". That's when the shooter starts looking around for the target they ran past or the steel they left up. After the range is clear the ribbing really starts.

Pat

Happened to me. Last shooter on the last stage. Showed me his muzzle at ULASC. MD said it was ok because he was new and the gun was unloaded. Funny, I never went back to that match.

Didn't personally witness it but I heard there was a match where an RO DQ'ed a shooter and the MD came running up and said, "I'm overturning the DQ because he's a new shooter"! :goof::ph34r:

I was ROing at a big regional match. First squad, First day. Noob shooter didn't see a shotgun knockdown until after he transitioned to rifle. Let 'im have it from about 12 yards :surprise: faster than I could stop him. I put the cease-fire to him and DQ'ed according to the written rules. MD came up, looked at the target ( which surprisingly barely had a dent) and said " give him a warning, it is his first match". Okay, they aren't my targets. I don't really mind, except that if an experienced shooter had been DQ'd for the same violation in that match there would have been a $h!tstorm because we let the noob off the hook. I understand not wanting to disillusion a new shooter, but between target damage and potential people damage that was a scary spot.

I use the collaborator line myself. I also like to point out that anybody dumb enough to remain standing with all this shooting going on deserves to get shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Shooting the No Shoot targets first is called the "Russian method of handling hostages"....

:goof:

BC

I thought you were going to demand a reshoot or else another hostage gets it.

Nice!