Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A few funny quotes i pick up off the range...

tiger49931

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

R.O.ing a female shooter on a stage: Me, "shooter ready?" the female, "NO!" :goof: Or the guy that shot at the target that was 2 sides of cardboard, balloon in the center of mass, suspending the target. (target wearing a t shirt). He dumps a whole mag into the target and, not hitting the balloon, it doesn't fall. He looks at me and says, "Man, that's a tough balloon! That's not fair!" :roflol:

Scoring an older gentleman's targets, during a match. The gentleman in question is a very likeable person, very good natured, but some of his ammo seems very, very light. So, scoring a target, I yelled over to him, "Hey (insert shooter name here), how do you think this one should be scored? It's just stuck in the cardboard! "

• 5 months later...

My favorite, "That's a double" :roflol:

A shooter said that to me once while I was scoring his targets. I told him "hold that thought" then I walked over to the no shoot he hit and pointed and said "that's a double". He smiled and walked away.

I used to shoot at an indoor range that had man on man steel plate matches on Tuesday nights. One night, one regular shooter had brought a new gun and was missing the plates, he said "I can't tell where I am hitting" to which someone else said " behind the plates, in the backstop". We all laughed.

Hurley

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back when they first came out, a good friend bought a Ruger P-89. After I fired a few rounds from it and handed it back, I told he needed two of them. He asked why he needed two. I told him to tie a rope one each, throw one off the bow of a skiff and one off the stern The two pistols would hold the skiff steady over a bluegill bed while he fished. He did not think it was too funny.