Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf primers ?

cecil

I want to buy some primers.. most everyone is OUT... one vendor will have some Wolf small pistol primers this saturday.. are Wolf primers ok to use in 9mm brass to shoot minor in Glocks & STI an open pistol? i hate to pass on them.. no telling when primers will be available again..and i would hate to not be able to shoot...

tia

Edited by cecil

If your other option is hope then I'd buy as many as they'll let you...

Wolf has been pretty good for me, as others mentioned harder to seat depending on press used. I haven't found them any harder, when properly seated, than winchester. 11lb mainspring in my CZ was setting them off. More relevant to you my Glocks with reduced striker springs were fine as well.

Bottom line, seat them properly and you'll be golden. Also, it appears they're available to you. Other brands, who knows when you'll be able to get them.

I bought 30k of the TULA SPP which from what i understand is the same as the Wolf. Thats all I run now. I am into my third case (10-15k) and would not hesitate to shoot them at a local or major match. I am shooting them out of my factory striker spring m&p.

I bought 30k of the TULA SPP which from what i understand is the same as the Wolf. Thats all I run now. I am into my third case (10-15k) and would not hesitate to shoot them at a local or major match. I am shooting them out of my factory striker spring m&p.

Having recently bought from PV; but, not yet tried, a bunch of Tula small pistol primers, my M&P and me are glad to know they're working well for you.

I have used more than 30,000 Wolf/Tula Small Rifle Primers. All in three open guns .38 super. I have had 3 fails, one of which went bang the second time, the other two would not fire and looked OK when I took the rounds apart. One of the guns is a Brazos STI with a 15# hammer spring and extended firing pin. Only one of the 3 failed Wolf primers was with that gun so I would say they are not too hard. I use a Dillon 550B and notice a slightly higher effort than with Winchester SR primers, but nothing major. Since I have never had a single failure with Winchester I use those for Nationals and major matches, Wolf for everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 1,000 Wolf Primers and I would ONLY use them in my practice shoots..

For matches, I did not trust them, since I had 4% non-shoots with the Wolf Primers..

As the other guys mentioned, they are very hard and my Glock striker was too light for 100% to fire..depends on your gun

I would go with Winchester or CCI primers

I have used IDK how many umpity-thousand Wolf or Tula, probably 50K or more. I find the SP & SR are MUCH EASIER to seat than CCI in my LNL AP press. Failure rate appears no different in my guns than Win, Fed and much better than CCI since CCI tends to seat high for me.