Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Factory Refurbished" G34 Gen 4

Jeff O

Anybody know anything about these ? I'm looking for a back-up competition gun. When i completely disassemble the gun I can tell no difference from new.

What do you think guys ? (About $200 less than new, all same stuff in box, 3 mags) dunno.gif

My only concern for you would be for you to determine to your satisfaction that what you have was in fact a gun refurbished by Glock...If it is, I'd have absolutely no concerns over it. If you have questions, simply call Glock, ask for Tech Support, and they should be able to provide verification based on the serial number.

Best, Jon

As Jon said, if it is indeed a 'factory' refurbish, go for it.

My daily carry gun for the last year tends to rotate between two Gen3's -- a 19 and a 21 -- both with the RTF2 frmae. Both are factory refurbs. I've shot them both quite a bit and neither has given me anything but confidence.

My first Glock (which I drove to GM in Limited and then in Production) was a factory refurb. I don't know that I put 100k rounds through it, but I certainly put over 50k through it.

I think the refurbs actually carry a stated lifetime warranty...where any other Glock doesn't. (I think Glock backs them all anyway.) It sticks in my mine that the refurbs are stamped with a "7" inside the dust cover?

I don't know anything about the gen4 guns, really.

• 3 weeks later...

If I were in the market for a Glock and could get one that was refurbed by Glock, I'd be very interested in that. As long as the slide, barrel, and receiver are in good condition (and I'm sure they would be if it was the Glock folks doing the work), the other parts are relatively cheap to replace if you had to do that after purchase. I've been buying my Glocks through the GSSF discount program, but if I needed more than one a year, I'd look very closely at doing this.

A "factory refurb" means that, if actually done by the (GLOCK) factory, and not just by a certified armorer, all small items have been carefully inspected for wear and generation and replaced with new parts as necessary.

That's not to say certified armorers would not do the same, but when worked over by the factory, it's a given fact.

...the other parts are relatively cheap to replace if you had to do that after purchase

Not needed after a factory rebuild, except for normal wear-and-tear. And that's a long way down the road.