Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet of choice for 92/M9

Hammbone

Depends on your load. Factory or hand loaded?

Each can be accurate. What are you looking for specifically?

Hand loads. I've played with both a little. Thus far 124gr with 5.8gr Power Pistol is most accurate. I'd really like to find that accuracy with 147gr bullets. Currently, my 124gr bullets are Frontier plated and 147gr are Berry's plated.

I will need to order more bullets soon. Thinking about MG or Bayou. Would like to order 147gr if I could find an accurate load with one of my powders (HS-6, TG, Power Pistol, and N340).

I'm not competing in any games, so honing in around a certain PF is not a priority. But my local indoor club has a 1000fps max velocity rule...hence why I'd like to find an accurate 147gr load.

Edited by Hammbone

I've had great experience with TG(147 TC BBI Moly ) and HS-6(124 CMJ major) Very Happy with the accuracy.

BTW, Minor loads are through my 92FS

I too have had good luck with 124gr CMJ with HS-6 and Power Pistol. Power Pistol being the most accurate. ..only marginally over HS-6.

I'm not feeling the love for my 147gr Berry's plated. I can get okay accuracy with them. Probably good enough for fast paced action shooting. But I don't play in those games. I'm probably being too picky.

I've had great experience with TG(147 TC BBI Moly ) and HS-6(124 CMJ major) Very Happy with the accuracy.

BTW, Minor loads are through my 92FS

I too have had good luck with 124gr CMJ with HS-6 and Power Pistol. Power Pistol being the most accurate. ..only marginally over HS-6.

I'm not feeling the love for my 147gr Berry's plated. I can get okay accuracy with them. Probably good enough for fast paced action shooting. But I don't play in those games. I'm probably being too picky.

It's ok to be particular, I honestly don't achieve those accuracy results with anything plated. Either Lead or Jacketed is the way to go. Good luck!

If you are shooting Lead, use a .358" or so bullet in Beretta barrels. I have had terrific results in the M9/92 with 125 gr bullets with light loads of 231.

I'm looking at Bayou Bullets. They say they'll size any 9mm bullet to .358". My newbiness makes me nervous about this. So this is safe to do? Any additional precautions needed?

Can I suggest you assemble a dummy round with a .358" bullet to see if it will chamber? I have a 9mm Browning High Power my father had built in the 1960's that has a big groove diameter, but will not chamber a cartridge assembled with a bullet over .356".

For pure accuracy I have had the best results with a 125gr. JFP Zero bullet with VV N340. Not the best for recoil but great accuracy in my hands. Presently I use VV N320 with great satisfaction.

Best,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I now have some Bayou 147gr and 135gr to play with (In addition to my Berry's 147gr and Frontier 124gr). I also picked up some n340 to add to the inventory. Between Titegroup, HS-6, PowerPistol, and n340 I ought to find something she likes.

• 2 weeks later...