Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Availability

Dr.J

I've finally decided on purchasing a G34, but am not having any luck locating one. I've come across an almost new (I know the gun has less than 400 rounds through it) G34 with Dawson adjustable rear and fiber optic front sight for $700. The guy will sell the gun and a Comptac IDPA holster and mag holder package for around $750 -775. Do these prices sound fair? Thanks for your comments.

Dr.J

If you are a member of the Glock Shooting Sport Foundation, you can get one for 507.00. Add 100.00 for the Comptac gear, 100.00 for the sights and you are at 700.00. Plus a bit of shipping and a FFL transfer and you are at your 750.00 mark. No telling how long it would take to get a 34 into a dealer given the silly season. This is not a bargain, but it seems fair.

Could you elaborate regarding how it work with GSSF? Is it mail in rebate, instant discount or do they have special store for GSSF members?

If you are a member of the Glock Shooting Sport Foundation, you can get one for 507.00. Add 100.00 for the Comptac gear, 100.00 for the sights and you are at 700.00. Plus a bit of shipping and a FFL transfer and you are at your 750.00 mark. No telling how long it would take to get a 34 into a dealer given the silly season. This is not a bargain, but it seems fair.

Could you elaborate regarding how it work with GSSF? Is it mail in rebate, instant discount or do they have special store for GSSF members?

If you are not currently a GSSF member, their offer may not be too appealing to you. It is my understanding that you have to be a member for a full year before you can qualify for the pistol-purchase program.

http://gssfonline.com/

How it worked when I bought my G34:

I bought a 2 year membership and they sent me a coupon that I used at my LGS to buy the gun. (If you do not buy a multi-year membership, you have to wait and be a member for 1 year before you are eligable for the program purchase.)

When I called the LGS, they were not familuar with the program, but called GSSF and got the skinny on how the program worked, orded the gun and had it to me in about 10 days.

Here is the link to the GSSF site that has all the details including prices: http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

The 2 year membership is 60.00.

I might not be 100% right on this, but my impression is that Glock has arrangements with only certain shops that they consider "stocking" for their guns, and that GSSF members are expected to get the guns through these shops.

Maybe so, but most gun stores that sell Glocks in any voulme at all would be a "stocking dealer". I could have bought my G34 from at least 6 stores that are local to me and I live in a small town. The larger problem will be getting one delivered anytime soon. Wait times here are several months long.

Glock does an annual stocking dealer program and most dealers sign up at the Shot show. Those who don't are out of luck until Glock ships all their 'packages'. The good news is that some Glocks are beginning to trickle out of the distributors to the dealers not on the program. Find a friendly gunshop and be a regular and they'll take care of you sooner rather than later. Good luck.

If you want one for this shooting season .....Your best bet will be gun broker or another auction site. Yes they will be more expensive than they should be but how much do you want to shoot. If You watch the auctions you will find deals. I just bought 2 G17 Gen 4's for 585 and 2 more for 625. If you are a competition shooter you'll have no problems with paying a little more. Some people want to kick and scream but those are the ones sitting on the sidelines bitchin, instead of having fun shooting. The G34's will run a bit more but if you can get your hands on one for 600 to 700 ya better jump on it.

If you are not currently a GSSF member, their offer may not be too appealing to you. It is my understanding that you have to be a member for a full year before you can qualify for the pistol-purchase program.

http://gssfonline.com/

Not quite so.

Someone who is a current member and still in their first year can renew at any time (don't have to wait a full 12 months) and will receive a coupon as part of the renewal kit (approx. 2 weeks).

If someone signs up for two years initially, they receive a coupon as part of the new member's kit (approx. 3-4 weeks) and are eligible for a second coupon in the next calendar year (basically, a coupon for both years).

The coupon allows a member to purchase an LE-discounted GLOCK pistol from Blue Label dealers (GLOCK's term for LE dealers) at almost the same price. BL dealers are permitted to charge an additional $29 for their paperwork. Small upgrade fees apply to long-slide and large-frame (G20, G21) pistols).

The biggest issue right now is finding units in stock. There were 4.7 million firearms sold in November/December. That's a staggering number. The firearms industry in this country isn't really all that big. Just a drop in the grand GNP bucket.

It's going to take some time to replenish the supply chain pipeline.

Glockmeister is selling the G34 for $595 stock. Add in the Dawson Adjustable rear, FO front sight, holster and mag holders and you getting close to $700-750.

Nope. They are out of stock like everyone else

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...