Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vickers mag release and slide stop make glock ESP?

DieselMcBadass

Yes you have moved yourself to ESP because they are not Glock original parts. BUT, you can try to shoot SSP if you want, they NEVER check anyway.

That last sentence IS bad advice if you get caught.

Edited by fuentesd99

Yes you have moved yourself to ESP because they are not Glock original parts. BUT, you can try to shoot SSP if you want, they NEVER check anyway.

I dont really mind what i shoot in, ill be competing to get better with my carry gun and have fun, just dont want to look like a total loser when im up against heavy, sao guns.

Yep, I think so. They may be OK, but being external and not Glock parts, you will move to ESP. If they are identical to the Glock part, you might make the argument.

P. 20

NOTE:

The slide releases and magazine releases that are standard

on the Glock 34 and 35 models are available as a factory option on

all Glocks available in the USA. Because of this, that type of slide

release and magazine release are legal on all Glocks for SSP.

EXCLUDED Modifications (NON-Inclusive list):

1. Externally visible modifications other than grips or sights.

2. Robar style grip reduction.

3. Add-on magazine well opening.

4. Guide rods made of a material different from the factory part

it replaces.

5. Seattle Slug Grip Plug and similar weighted products.

I would say to take a look at the rules on ESP permitted modifications where they say:

9. Extended magazine release (button may not be oversize in

diameter or protrude more than .2” out from the frame).

as well as in the Permitted modifications for all divisions:

"NOTE: The slide releases and magazine releases that are standard

on the Glock 34 and 35 models are available as a factory option on

all Glocks available in the USA. Because of this, that type of slide

release and magazine release are legal on all Glocks for SSP."

Past that I would say to get on the IDPA forum and ask for an official ruling. That way you can take that ruling with you to matches and it may also get included in the tiger team deliberations. :)

• 4 years later...

8.2.1 A, does Vickers produce more than 2,000 of them per year? Quick search online seems to support they(lipsey) made more like 5k, so good there.

8.2.1.2 C. if you want to follow the line of thinking that Vickers is the manufacturer then you can only swap parts between guns made by Vickers. Not Vickers to Glock.

Want to stay in SSP with a truly legal gun running Vickers mag release, slide release then you should be running a Vickers gun from the get go, not a Glock manufactured gun with (your reasoning not mine) a different manufacturer's (Vickers/Lipsey/Tangodown or whoever you want to attribute as having made a whole and complete gun they manufactured) parts.

Edited by rowdyb

3 hours ago, RePete said:

IMO Vickers is not a manufacturer of guns but a modifier, Glock is the manufacturerand I say you are stuck in ESP.

A third party, Lipsey, takes a pile of specific Glock parts that aren't normally seen together and a small pile of Vickers/Tango Down stuff and puts it all together. To me that's assembly, not manufacturing. But I don't make the rules.