Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Fire Turn and Draw

Mandi

Well between my dryfire practice today and yesterday I realized theat I really needed to focus on technique in my turn and draw. I have worked my hands relaxed at sides and surrender draws that I am consistely at .6. My turn and draw on the other hand, I need to speed up on the proper technique. The key word being Proper.This is going to be more intensely practiced. As I go through my practice, I notice small things that need to be speed up or tweaked. I believe this is the main part of my dryfire practice. As a shooter, I take every bit of self analysis to the core as I believe everyone should. If you go into a practice and not try and speed up or really pay attention to proper techniques and fundamentals, you will never improve. The one piece of advice that I can honestly give to everyone is to watch you fundamentals.

Mandi

Make Steve or Seevers help ya.......ya 2 of the best right there !

For me its about going into my daily (yes I said DAILY) practice session w a specific goal/fundamental in mind.... that helps me focus .... lately its all bout footwork & keeping the gun high from exit through entry.....

Im just bumbed we're getting another cold front in Florida....guess I'll bring out my longjohns again.....