Turn around time on recent orders of presses

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered on 2/15/13 and got everything but the press and .45 die 2 weeks ago. The 550b and die came today. I have 2 other dies on order because I forgot to order them in my original order (got the quick change kits but not the actual dies). Looks like 6-8 weeks is still a good estimate.

I had actually just posted this in another topic ..is roughly same topic with different wording but I'll repost her too..seems appropriate..

It seems different parts of the country are getting orders at diffent times.. Was just in my local gun dealer a cpl. of hours ago..he actually has (2) dillon 650's , (1) rl550B and (2)sq. deals just sitting on the show room floor.. bought mine from him last thursday..hmmmm. go figure

It may be that they have certain configurations in process (batches for 9mm, 45acp, 223, etc). I ordered a 650 for a 223 from Brian on 3/21 and had the press in about 8 days. The remainder (case hopper, case feed plate, as it should BE upgrade) showed up yesterday.

Ok, so here is my update. I ordered my 650 and all related accouterments directly from Dillon. It was before I learned about Brian. In any event I place my order on February 16th. I received the press the last week of March, so about 6 weeks. Still waiting for die's, strong mount, additonal toolheads, case feeder etc.

I received my shipping notice for the above remaining pieces yesterday so should have everything in hand by next thurs April 18th, so the 8 week estimate is holding true for me. I will edit if the order is not complete next thursday. I also have some Redding die's on order they are now 8 weeks and counting.

The good news is things are finally shipping. We have been out of any and all 9mm in our area for the last 4 weeks. So that will be my first project, as I usually shoot every week and haven't for a while now.

Let the learning begin

It does seem that some are getting theirs in a lot shorter time than others it must be by area ? I am at 5 week's and nothing from Brian , same time from Dillon just a conversion setup for .223 all came in 4 weeks except the dies.

Just sold both of my Hornady's setup's so I have time on my hands : )

I am completely amazed. I ordered a 550 and dies and some accessories on 4/15, fully expecting not to see it for at least a month or two.

Lo and behold, my doorbell rang this morning and there was FedEx with the press! None of the accessories or dies, but the entire, complete Dillon 550... FOUR DAYS after I ordered it!

I do have a set of good RCBS dies, so I installed those, and set everything up today.

Way to go Brian Enos and Dillon!

Ordered 650 in 9mm with all the stuff to set up for 45 as well on 3/28 from Brian. Casefeeder, strong mount and random stuff showed up today. Press, dies, bullet tray and a few extras still to come…………..sooner rather than later I hope.

*Edit*

As I read Worriedmans post above mine it sounds awfully familiar and he ordered long before me. I guess that sooner rather than later thing may not pan out for me

Edited by tnshoot

Ordered a full setup 650 April 10 and received the press April 17! Still waiting on casefeeder.

Wow...where did u order yours thru to get it that fast?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I ordered it through Brianenos.com

Update - I received my casefeeder last Friday, so a 650 and a casefeeder plus extra toolheads in less than two weeks from order date! I did mention to Brian that I read his book and it was a great read. Maybe that helped. Other than that, I guess I was just lucky or things are really clearing up.

Only thing left are the conversion parts for 45 and 9mm and the 40 cal die set. I just ended up going to my LGS and buying a Lee Die Set off the shelf. I figure I can sell it when the Dillon die set arrives.

Thanks Brian!

Ordered my 550 through Brian on 4/15. Received the press four days later. Since then I have received two more boxes (one with set of four large pistol primer tubes and spare parts kit, and another yesterday with the tools and tool bracket). Now all I am waiting for is the .45ACP die set (but I am currently using my RCBS dies in it and they work great) and the bullet tray.

All in all, I expected to have to wait six to eight weeks and stuff has been showing up quite rapidly. I'm very pleased with the service and the equipment so far.

Started to put my 550 together today. Got the press mounted to the bench and attached the mount. I also installed the Inlinefabrication light kit. Heck dillon even included mounting hardware free of charge. Now to wait for my dies and I'll be set.