Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turn around time on recent orders of presses

For those of you have received Dillon presses recently through brianenos.com, can you tell me how many weeks there were between order and arrival? I'm certainly aware that things are taking quite a while, but I'm trying to gauge the the number of weeks I have left before mine arrives, so that I can budget my time properly in preparing my reloading room. I ordered a 650 on 1/28, so my guess is that I'll see it mid-late March.

Thanks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't order a press but this may help someone:

Back on the 18th of Feb I had to request via email to Dillon (using their web site email) a replacement of part of my 650 powder drop assembly.

It just arrived today. Which surprised me. No other communications with Dillon other than that first request via email and I had thought I would be

waiting another week or two at least before hearing anything, much less the part.

Mine took about four weeks(xl650), man I set my press up and started loading on it this past week end. I can't believe I went with out a progressive for so long. I loaded 3-4 hundred rounds an hour(.357 sig). I know that is no time record, but compaired to what i'm used to loading, this was amazing. I did have to clip the shell plate indexing spring because it kept spilling powder, but know its ready to rock. What an amazing piece of equipment.

More days have passed without the arrival of my press. My new plan is to go get some lumber and start working on a gallows. If I complete it before the press arrives, I will swing from it. If it arrives before it's finished, I'll disassemble it and build some more mobile target stands. So, if I wind up as a suicide story, let it be known that Brian Enos and Dillon are to be held emotionally (not logically or rationally) responsible.

More days have passed without the arrival of my press. My new plan is to go get some lumber and start working on a gallows. If I complete it before the press arrives, I will swing from it. If it arrives before it's finished, I'll disassemble it and build some more mobile target stands. So, if I wind up as a suicide story, let it be known that Brian Enos and Dillon are to be held emotionally (not logically or rationally) responsible.

Should things not work out, any thoughts on what your widow will do with the new press?

Should things not work out, any thoughts on what your widow will do with the new press?

That's a good question. I'll give her some ideas tonight, such as talking to my loading mentor at my wake and asking if he'll show her how to use it. Alternatively, she could use it to make ferret toys and sell them at a flea market. Another option would be to convert it into a pretty can opener, since she hates the one that I insist on owning.

I ordered my 650 on January 16. I received it on February 12, one day short of 4 weeks. I was more than pleased considering the current goings on. Ray

I ordered a 650 (.223) with roller handle, strong mount, bullet tray and spare parts from BE on Jan 15 or 16 (depending on your time zone). Got the press in mid February. Was very pleased with the delivery time. Recently ordered the case feeder and the super duper deluxe 9mm caliber conversion from Enos as well. Ordered the Dillon trimmer, .223 trim die, tool head and other stuff from Grafs (c&r discount) this week. Grafs said all was in stock but I have no doubt that the BE order will arrive at the same time as the Grafs order.....

I ordered on the 22nd of January..the Fedex site said that the 1050 should be delivered tomorrow. 7 weeks. Patience is NOT one of my virtues but in these ridiculous times..I am fairly happy it wasn't longer. Luckily before the SHTF I bought a LOT of primers and powder..and have made some really good scores on bullets at gun shows lately. Got 14 boxes of Speer Gold Dot 124 gr 9mm bullets this weekend for 110 bucks. There are no .224 bullets anywhere locally..but while in Vegas the first of Feb I scored on 2000 Hornady 55 gr bullets for 200 bucks..in a pawn shop of all places..not THE pawn shop ot TV fame though. Think I will buy one of Brian's electronic scales now. Anybody got one?? How do ya like it?? BTW since I ordered the 1050..waiting gave me time to clean and prep the brass..Never thought i would get all of it done. 5000 rounds of 45 is time consuming on a single stage inspecting and decapping it all.