Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for part # single sided safety

Torogi

Thanks Cha-lee. I did actually call and the lady on the other end was very helpful. She said she just shot a Stock 2 last week and she liked it :devil: though I was told to be patient.. they will send out the part as soon as they can.

Looks like the website parts are confusing too. Thanks for the tip. Easier to just call.

Mo, that is exactly why I am going for single sided safety. Coming from CZ, i've had the same experience with shadow extended safety, with PD (USPSA), there is constant mag change and an activated thumb safety is no fun for me. I changed to thinner ones, but with EAA, I dont need an ambi, a regular thin single sided would be fine, cheaper too. Though they only have black.

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday i received the part I ordered. Installed today but...

20130314_194511_zps1d6e38c4.jpg

The ball where its being pointed on the safety is bigger on the stock safety (extended ambi) than the replacement single sided safety. When it is installed it is free moving im afraid during recoil my weak hand would easily bump it to safe mode.

Is the ball transferrable? I can see a pin like behind it but curious how to remove it. Any tip would help, thanks!

The one I have had apart went together like this:

There is a hole in that safety that the spring, then "ball thingie" goes in. The "ball thingie" is shaped like a cast round nose bullet :X380-95RN-B0500-2.jpg

It is "staked" into the hole in the safety. The one that came out on me was a huge PITA to get back in.

So I must ask: How would your weak hand bump the safety into safe ?

20130314_203831_zpsa953474d.jpg

Meat below my thumb can easily bump the safety since its free playing. A little resistance would be great. So how do i actually remove the stake? From behind? But there is only one direction which is going in.

Aaron, i was reading the other threadhttp://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169165, now i am thinking twice dismantling the detent ball. Not sure if its worth it.

Do you know which ones have a bigger ball for single sided safety ill probably send this back.

I was taking a closer look on the ball detent, size wise, they are the same (eye-balling), but the new one from EAA have the ball further in, so when installed, it doesnt come into contact with the groove to give that positive 'click' when activated. Since you mentioned it is staked, there's no point in pulling this ball thingy to come out more right?

Since you mentioned it is staked, there's no point in pulling this ball thingy to come out more right?

I don't understand

But either way I would probably send it back then and tell them the detent isn't engaging on the notches in the frame.

Edited by Nealio

• 4 weeks later...

Why couldn't you just use the one that comes with it stock and just cut down the shaft so that it doesn't stick out the other side of the frame? If you don't have one, and still need it, I have one I would sell. Or, were you looking for an even narrower safety than the factory one on the stock II?

Why couldn't you just use the one that comes with it stock and just cut down the shaft so that it doesn't stick out the other side of the frame? If you don't have one, and still need it, I have one I would sell. Or, were you looking for an even narrower safety than the factory one on the stock II?

I actually thought about just cutting the shaft, well, right now, that is actually how it looks like. I didnt re-install the other safety so there is a shaft protruding,. I went against it in case I'd sell it in the future and I can reconfigure it to its orig ambi safety. But PM on the way.