Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 6inch Limited Gun?

G34 CORDY

Sometime this year I would like to have built a 6inch Limited gun but there are so many builders out there its alittle mind blowing. I would like to keep my money in Texas to support my State and if I had a problem I could drop the gun off in person. So what do you guys think? I see Brazos has a 6inch and Benny Hill 6inch guns or is there any others Iam missing? I already have a CZ TS that Iam using in limited but would like to have a 2011 type gun also.

Forgot to add I did like my friends Brazos Custom 5inch full dust cover, I shot it once and it was pretty sweet.

Edited by G34 CORDY

Shoot some, if you ask I'm sure folks would let you. Then make a better choice. IMO

A lot of people will offer suggestions and they don't shoot limited with a 6". I shoot a Cameron's 6". 13000 rounds 1 squib, my fault. 1 bad primer. The only two issues I have had. In Texas I'm sure you can find some 6" to shoot. Good luck.

Edited by a matt

Hello: Since you are in Texas and want to keep your money in Texas. Go see Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports. He has built alot more 6" pistols than he remembers :roflol: He knows what works and what doesn't. I am sure you can find one at a match that you could try. Thanks, Eric

ever make it to dallas? You're welcome to blast my 6" STI/fusion all you want, or 4.2" 45 STI. That's not the ideal limited gun, but it is fun ;)

get a stock -ish STI 6" and shoot it a while. Then have your favorite smith chop the slide up and do some trigger work, you'll be good to go. Oh yeah, either way order mags now so you can get on a list.

While all mentioned builders are excellent sources for a 6", my vote is to work with someone you can personally visit with your gun. All guns eventually break or need adjustment. When that day comes you've just saved yourself a donation to Federal Express and you can used that money to buy more ammo!

I'll put a vote in for Benny Hill, several locals have his 6" and they are the best. One of my mentee's shoots one and I have shot his and man that is a greate limited gun. He builds a good open guns as well.

If your looking for more of a fashion accessory then Matt Cheely builds the best looking guns IMHO, and they also run.

Cameron's Custom just built me a 6" 9MM for Steel Challenge and 3 Gun to go with my 5" USPSA Limited gun. The attention to detail on both guns is fantastic and they are a great crew to work with. My next project is to have them build a new Steel Challenge Open Gun to replace my aging Brazos (it starts to wear out afte about 150K rounds for some reason...)

I got a chance to talk to Benny Hill today (HI BENNY!) LOL. Great guy to talk to about a build and answered all of my stupid noob questions about my first custom build. A fat free 6inch might just be the ticket. I called another builder today not naming names but didnt get a warm feeling when talking to them and kind of rude, this is the second time talking to them and got the same rude answers as before. I guess buying from some one friendly and acts if they care is a big plus and will get my business. There are so many great gun builders out there is hard to choose but I guess you just have to trust your gut and pick one.

P.S Benny's turn around time is great compared to some others. Cheers guys

Cameron's Custom just built me a 6" 9MM for Steel Challenge and 3 Gun to go with my 5" USPSA Limited gun. The attention to detail on both guns is fantastic and they are a great crew to work with. My next project is to have them build a new Steel Challenge Open Gun to replace my aging Brazos (it starts to wear out afte about 150K rounds for some reason...)

+1 I have a Cameron's Custom 6" and it runs flawlessly, Only a couple thousand rounds through it but I love it.