Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Forum

spook

Check out http://www.ericgrauffel.com It has just been set up. And it doesn't have many members yet, but this forum started out from scratch once too, so...

Eric seems to answer every question you ask him very fast (can that guy do anything slowly?), so for the open and standard guys, it looks great. Of course I shoot the only div. that completely not supported on the forum (revolver)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, since this morning's disaster, I've been researching the INvisionboard all day. I'm going for the paid hosting (for the forum only) so we don't have to wait on Burkett to upgrade to PHP, and also they do 24 hour backups, and the paid conversion from iconboard. I spent quite some time looking at converting it myself - what a nightmare. I'm sure it's worth the $75 many times over to have them convert it. And the good news is that the guy who began the iconboard - Matt Mecham - now works for INvisionbaord. And the guy who wrote iconboard 2.1.9 works for them as well, and he will be doing the conversion. So, it sounds like the perfect deal. I was told, by the super-cool phone tech/rep, that everything should convert - member status, admin, moderator, avatars.... So I'll keep you posted.

be