Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Sights Red Dot confusing eyes

Timido

Since I changed the mount on my open gun to vertical it is much easier to transition from the dot to iron sights. You are looking in the same place for both sighting systems. You swap focus from targets to front sight.

Vertical or 90°?

For people who shoot guns with red dots on them and then shoot other guns with open sights. Iike running two different classes. Do you find it helps you to be diverse or do you find it confusing.

Very easy for me but I believe I am strongly right eye dominant. I suspect people who have problems have low dominance.

I had resisted shooting a red dot gun but now that I have a open rim fire gun for Steel Challenge I have found that it is helping to make me a bteer shooter overall, I would highly recommend getting a red dot gun and adding it to your training for an production shooter ...

The Open gun is one of the the best fundamentals teacher out there But if you don't learn them and just use it to "get your hits" you will probably have an amazing amount of misses with a Limited gun

Sure Open is easier, here is the thing, its easy for everybody so ya gotta have game to win. I can shoot a Limited\1911 SS well but do have issues with a striker fired gun because of my 1911 background. Its not the sights\grip\etc its the long trigger travel

The Open gun is one of the the best fundamentals teacher out there But if you don't learn them and just use it to "get your hits" you will probably have an amazing amount of misses with a Limited gun

Sure Open is easier, here is the thing, its easy for everybody so ya gotta have game to win. I can shoot a Limited\1911 SS well but do have issues with a striker fired gun because of my 1911 background. Its not the sights\grip\etc its the long trigger travel

Have to agree with this, I switched to open and ran an open gun for about a year, then went back to a limited gun for the Tuesday night Steel match and was the high limited shooter. (I think it can teach you a lot about seeing what you need to see.)

• 4 months later...